Fairmont Grand Del Mar
US$ 308
US$ 371
Courtyard
  • Restaurant
The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$ 445
US$ 382
  • Pool
The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$ 417
US$ 364
  • Restaurant
Kings Inn San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$ 179
US$ 150
Agoda.com
1,912 results
All reviewsamaya restaurantadult poolrelaxation poolchocolate covered oreosprado suitefour seasonsfamily poolamazing propertytennis courtspool servicerooms are beautifulturn down servicestar resortsouthern californiafitness centerthe san diego areaminute drive
Reviewed 11 December 2017

In a nutshell, the little things (and for our trip, one very big thing) are missing here. The grounds and hotel itself are BEAUTIFUL. Staff is polite and helpful, but yet somehow there are (rather huge) service gaps here.
We were in a Toscana suite, very spacious with a dining table and nice view. There were three adults and one child. Our room had one bed and a pullout sofa. I'm not sure if the staff thought we would all sleep in the one bed together but there were no pillows or blankets for the sofa bed - we were told to check for extra in the closet, where I found one pillow. When paying over $800/night for a room, attention to detail is kind of thing I expect. We travelled with our (hypoallergenic 4 pound) puppy and as such were put in a "pet" suite, i.e. the carpet is nothing you want to walk on without socks - on the bright side the puppy was supplied with a bed, it was just the humans who were left wondering how'd they'd sleep comfortably. And the answer to that question was NOT AT ALL if you are sleeping on the pullout couch, not even the 4 year old could be convinced, we ended up calling for a single cot which two of us squished on and were 1000% more comfortable than the pullout.
Our experience fell apart with the dining experience. Long story short, my daughter has severe allergies, I made pre arrival food plans, confirming a list of her safe foods with the F&B Manager, and unfortunately they were not followed through on, compounded by the fact that she was also served food that she's allergic to. Luckily, for some reason, she choose not eat pasta that night, and we were saved from a life threatening situation - after I was informed by the staff that the pasta did in fact contain eggs, one of my daughter's anaphylactic allergies. Please note that the Manager did call and apologize and noted they would look into the situation as to ensure it did not happen again. Unfortunately, it happened at all, and our faith in the Fairmont food and beverage staff standards is certainly gone.
Overall, this is a beautiful property. If you are someone looking for wine and dine and beautiful things, you will be impressed here. If you appreciate a little more substance for your money, you will be left wanting.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Kyla M
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Lovely hotel on spacious grounds. Staff is helpful and the rooms are attractive, spacious and clean. I found I wanted to spend more time at the hotel than I had planned. We really enjoyed the pool area.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
FairmontGrandDelMar, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your time at the resort and at the pool! We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Best hotel experience ever. Dinner and the service at Addison was impeccable, best ever dining experience. I just wish the prices were a bit more readily available without having to ask. I knew it would be expensive but I guess the assumption is, if you're dining here, you probably don't care about the price (but I do). Was offered 4 different champagne options to start, with all the details of each one except the price. Turned out I chose champagne that was $50/glass. I should've asked first...

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Wonderful hotel in a good location for visiting the San Diego area. Everyone was very helpful. The room and amenities are top drawer. Although we did not play golf, our walk about the course shows a beautiful layout.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
FairmontGrandDelMar, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Thank you for sharing your Thanksgiving with us here at Fairmont Grand Del Mar! We hope to welcome you back again for another stay and maybe a round on the course next time! It's as enjoyable to play as it is to walk around. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

My boyfriend and I have stayed at the Grand Del Mar several times - and have dined at Addison several times as well. Overall, we have had a great experience - I will say there was one time when we stayed at the hotel - where my boyfriend had planned a surprise trip for me for my birthday and he had requested flowers and chocolates to be in the room and they weren't... but everything else turned out great.

The hotel grounds are beautiful and the hotel itself is so welcoming and relaxing. We would consider having our wedding here - but we were told that the the party can only go until about 10 pm! :(

Overall the Grand Del Mar is an excellent hotel!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
FairmontGrandDelMar, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We particularly enjoy hearing from repeat Fairmont guests such as you and were delighted to learn that we made such a lasting impression.

Should you still be considering a location for your wedding, we wanted to ensure you had the correct details on timing as we certainly welcome weddings to go on after 10pm. Per City ordnance, all outdoor music has to end at 10pm, however we have indoor reception options or if you were to have an outdoor reception you could absolutely move the dancing indoors after 10pm.

Again, we thank you for your review and hope to welcome you back again for future celebrations and stays!