“Best street tacos yet!”
Review of Puesto

Puesto
Reserve with OpenTable
Puesto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #225 of 5,623 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 19
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Born in Mexico City and rooted in Southern California, Puesto is an award-winning Mexican Artisan Kitchen providing a fresh and contemporary take on authentic Mexican cuisine in an unique and upscale environment. With handmade maiz azul stone-ground tortillas made daily in house, sustainable meats and seafood, slow-cooked guisados, and scratch salsas, Puesto’s menu is a celebration of fundamental Mexican flavors and an homage to the cosmopolitan palate of Mexico City, courtesy of Executive Chef/Partner Luisteen Gonzalez and Executive Creative Chef Katy Smith. Puesto delivers a refreshing craft bar program, grounded in carefully curated agave spirits. We’re known for our Puesto Perfect Margaritas, in addition to palomas, micheladas and seasonal aguas frescas. Puesto has been featured by media outlets nationally and internationally, some of which include Huffington Post, Refinery 29, MSN, Insider, Zagat, Eater, Food and Wine, and LA Times.
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Don't miss out on the artistic ambience of this restaurant, but more importantly, the incredible street tacos. Especially loved the filet mignon with avocado in blue corn tortillas. YUM!

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Went here for the Taco Tuesday special. The wait was 90 minutes at 7 pm when we showed up, but we settled up to the bar for drinks. Great offering of drinks and snacks while we waited for our table. The tacos were delicious and well worth the wait. Some of the best guacamole dip I've had!

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

San Diego is known for amazing Mexican food and Puesto is a great representation of what we have to offer . They have the greatest tacos . I tried one that had portobello mushrooms and I couldn’t even tell there wasn’t meat inside it was so flavorful and tasty ! I also love the filet m taco ! Super yummy . I also love the guacamole with parmigiano cheese ! To die for street corn too ! Very great meal

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

I stopped in for their specialty, tacos. I was not wowed by the tacos, for me they were ok. I however love their mango lemon and their chips and salsa.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We had a business dinner with 20 folks. Great service and great quality Tex Mex. nice inside outside atmosphere.