“Best Fish & Chips I've had in years!”

The Field Authentic Irish Pub and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Field Authentic Irish Pub and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 4,869 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Join us in our turn of the century Irish pub, shipped piece by piece from Ireland and relocated in the heart of San Diego's Historic Gaslamp Quarter.As soon as you walk through the door you will be enveloped by the warm relaxing atmosphere of an old Irish country pub. Irish people the world over have earned a reputation for their friendliness and hospitality, so our crew will make you feel welcome and relaxed as soon as you meet them.Our menu includes all of your Irish favorites, like shepherd's pie, corned beef and cabbage, fish and chips, Guinness beef stew, boxty dishes and full Irish breakfast served all day.The Field is happy to offer discounted food and drinks during happy hour, from opening until 7 PM Monday - Friday.The air at The Field is filled with the buzz of people engaging in the art of conversation, savoring the homemade food, enjoying the traditional music and of course the clink of glasses as revelers sample one of our many imported draft beers. If you prefer something a little stronger, we boast one of San Diego's largest selection of single malt and blended whiskey. Irish, Scotch, Bourbon, and Rye are all available, with over 50 different labels in all.
Reviewed 4 October 2017

OMG...The portions were HUGE... Fish and Chips were delicious and the happy hour specials were a nice benefit. Staff was super friendly and attentive...

1  Thank azdogs
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Service was great and food was even better. One of the best Irish pubs I've been at outside of Dublin!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

I love a good Irish Pub and this one was excellent! I was meandering along 6th street on my 1st of 2 nights in SD, casually glancing at the menus for all the places and did a double-take here because I was slowly walking away (I'm in SD for the first time, I've been to Ireland multiple times...I wanted fish and local cuisine, not another irish pub even though I love them!)... Anyway, I was slowly starting to walk away when I thought I heard live music. "You have live music right now?" to the hostess. "Yep." "Awesome. Dinner for 1, I'll take a seat at the bar if available." "Looks the bar is full, do you mind a table?" "Nope." And she proceeded to sit me a table over from the 2-man band that was playing. Atmosphere was a true irish pub/restaurant, through and through. This was a Thursday late evening (9pm-ish?), night before the U2 concert and night of a Padres game. The experience was great. I only ordered apps -- the potato skins were excellent -- and my go-to Smithwick's. Service was excellent, fast and friendly. This was an unexpected highlight of my trip! If i was local, it would probably become a go-to spot.

1  Thank SoloTravellingSoul
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Just stopped by to meet some old friends for some guinness and appetizers. Nice atmosphere and great service. Unfortunately I cannot review the quality of the entrees.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Stopped by and sat at the patio during happy hour. The young lady working there was super nice and chatted with us about her home town in Ireland! Loved the inside decor too!