“A great Irish pub”

The Field Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Field Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #145 of 5,554 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Join us in our turn of the century Irish pub, shipped piece by piece from Ireland and relocated in the heart of San Diego's Historic Gaslamp Quarter.As soon as you walk through the door you will be enveloped by the warm relaxing atmosphere of an old Irish country pub. Irish people the world over have earned a reputation for their friendliness and hospitality, so our crew will make you feel welcome and relaxed as soon as you meet them.Our menu includes all of your Irish favorites, like shepherd's pie, corned beef and cabbage, fish and chips, Guinness beef stew, boxty dishes and full Irish breakfast served all day.The Field is happy to offer discounted food and drinks during happy hour, from opening until 7 PM Monday - Friday.The air at The Field is filled with the buzz of people engaging in the art of conversation, savoring the homemade food, enjoying the traditional music and of course the clink of glasses as revelers sample one of our many imported draft beers. If you prefer something a little stronger, we boast one of San Diego's largest selection of single malt and blended whiskey. Irish, Scotch, Bourbon, and Rye are all available, with over 50 different labels in all.
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This was our best surprise in San Diego. There is an excellent range of beers on tap and a good list of traditional Irish dishes. The food was very well prepared - like the Guinness beef stew. The atmosphere had Ireland stamped all over it. The prices were very reasonable and the happy hour is eight hours -- from 11 AM - 7 PM.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Bad service seems to wipe out any positive aspects of a dining experience. After being seated, I waited and waited for a waitress to come over to my table. I finally had to ask the hostess to find my waitress. Then after I was finished and my plate was cleared, I had to wait and wait to get a bill. I finally had to go to the bar and ask the bartender how I could pay for my meal. Horrible service.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We had lunch here. The meals were a reasonable size and we'll priced. The servers were friendly. There's a selection of normal American style menu with a few Irish selections available as well

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Been here many times and always come away satisfied. Shepherd's Pie is great. Service is good and the Irish Pub vibe is great. Great place to grab some lunch and a beer. On street parking can be a bit tough in the Gaslamp so you my have to take an enjoyable 2 or 3 block stroll.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

The field is one of the better restaurants in the Gas Lamp district. The Shepherds Pie, Corn Beef and Cabbage, and Beef Stew were excellent. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Joe M