“Awesome little pub”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

I love the Blarney Stone. Every time my husband and I are in San Diego, we visit. They have the best Guinness and you will miss out if you don't try an Angry Irishman. The people watching is great, but you can also choose to sit inside. The staff are fun and friendly and there's no pressure for you to pay up and get out.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Why am I a fan of this place? One, they have outdoor seating where you are able to enjoy a drink AND the crazy people watching at night. Two, they make strong drinks for a reasonable price. Three, no cover. Four, really solid service which is sometimes hard to come by at night in the Gaslamp.

Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

Strolling through the Gaslamp district. My wife and I are partial to Irish pubs. We stop at the Blarney stone and much to our surprise, the waitress is fresh from Ireland. So she chatted and joked with us for the better part of the day. We loved the experience and met a few great folks. It's all about the dash.

Reviewed 21 November 2015

The beer was terrible: there was something wrong with the taps: flat, stale beer. The waitress was nice and felt bad. I ended up asking for a bottle on their beer menu, but they didn't have that in stock. In all, not what you expect from a decent PUB.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Cozy little place that had a really cool looking interior. Staff was friendly, drinks were good. But the band selection and music in-between sets was really odd far an Irish place.