“Week in San Diego”
other travellers have booked this property
Welcome!!  Entrance and living area - 46' HDTV, bright and sunny.
living area, bright and sunny, convertible sleeper futon sleeps 2 adults living area, sleeper futon for 2 and leather sofa
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
living area, bright and sunny, convertible sleeper futon sleeps 2 adults
living area, sleeper futon for 2 and leather sofa
Light bright kitchen - just bring your appetite!
Dining area opens to light, bright kitchen
Large, fully stocked kitchen
Bathroom - shower, tub, and amenities
Full size bed and dresser, fan and air conditioning
High thread count linens & full size Sealy Cloveridge bed
Outside patio with BBQ, table, chairs
Your backyard - 99 steps away
Your backyard at night
Mission Beach from the Air - Come Join us!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Reviewed 4 September 2018 for a stay in August 2018

Mary H
“We had issues and were accused of taking advantage of the owner! Not happy!”
Reviewed 27 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This was a nice place to stay, Yet I had some issues. I originally booked it for 3 people, then asked to add another person, I was told it was fine, and what the price would be, $15 a day, and that we could take care of the extra person price when I was there. Later I was accused of not letting the owner know I was bringing 4 adults, I have the e-mails to prove we did ask and it was okay. She then accused us of having a child with us. We did have my family stop by who live in the area, ( the whole reason for our trip) as we prepared to go to the beach and Balboa Park, My niece who came by does have a does have a child.. they never stayed the night! They were in there apt. as we were getting ready to go somewhere, and never for very long. But this was not acceptable to the owner, I would never have booked this place if I know we could not have guests stop by as we prepared to go places, including the near by beach and Bay. I tried to explain this and that we did not have extra people there, but she still says I had 4 adults (which I did get pre approved before coming) and a child there. She would not even talk to me ace to ace about the so called issue. She stopped by to say she needed a basket out of the back room, in the morning, I said okay you can go get it, the only people there were the 4 adults, no child, yet I still get a accused of taking advantage of her of having a child there. I was so shocked, I thought everything was fine until I received an e-mail later!! The place was nice, and its about 99 feet to the Beach or the Bay.. That was nice. But if you have family or want other people just to stop by, do not book here. If you are on your own and do not plan to have anyone pick you up at at house, then you will be fine.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
27 Aug 2017
Thanks for airing your side of things, Awesome Mary. I think next time you would be better off booking a rental which does not have a guest limit, just charges for the space. We enjoyed hosting you but our place is not a good fit for you.
VirginiaH...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“my new go-to spot!”
Reviewed 5 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Visited this property in October - loved the off season peace and calm. Hosts were friendly and arranged to meet me upon arrival and show me around. Apartment was good sized, more than adequate for 2, clean, well equipped, full kitchen and bathroom, super comfy bed ++ many extra amenities. ***** Location was superb for a quick run on the boardwalk, very short walk to the bay and the ocean as well as gear rental shops, restaurants, etc. Took the hosts' advice and just parked my car where they suggested, and left it there. Very well maintained and charming place in the perfect location of MB - near everything but residential and calm. My new go-to spot in San Diego, will be back for sure! * * * * * *

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: hosts made me feel like valued guest!
Liked least: leaving. I asked for extra days, but they are full.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Aug 2017
Welcome back anytime, it was a delight to host you.
Chrissie...
San Francisco, California
“Will keep coming back for more!! We love it.”
Reviewed 27 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

This was our second year at this little gem of an apartment. I traveled with my family, including two teenage daughters. The apartment was fully equipped and furnished down to a bottle of wine chilling in the refrigerator. Apartment was immaculately clean, nicely decorated, high-quality linens, comfy beds and terrific location. Very pleasant, courteous, and flexible management. We could not ask for more and are rapidly making the seller go to place every summer. Host is becoming like a family member. We love it!!

Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
13 Aug 2017
Thanks - we love you too!
Jeannie V
Boise, Idaho
“They ruined my vacation with their abrupt business practices.”
Reviewed 19 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

99 Steps
Review for 99 Steps

Linda allowed us to drop our bags early as our flight was before check in time. That was nice of her. That's where it ended. The photos of her place make it look much larger and nicer than it is. It's very small and old. The sheets were cheap and the shower faucet barely worked and the towel rack falls off the wall. The screws are stripped. Most importantly, I have stayed in PB countless times. This was our first venture with Airbnb. We had booked it for the 2 of us, but at the last minute my daughter and her husband were able to come. Our unit sleeps 1-4, so I gave this no thought. When we arrived she gave us linens and towels for 4 with a smile and welcome. Then 3 days later we get a call from Airbnb telling us that Linda is evicting us since we violated the contract by bringing in another 2 guests. My fault admittedly, I didn't read the fine print about notification to our host. I would have been delighted to pay for them had I known it was necessary as it is not the custom in other rentals I have used many times. Instead of nicely approaching us and letting us know of this violation, I get a call for eviction in the middle of our vacation! Mind you, we were never there as we were out deep sea fishing the first couple of days, so she can't complain that we were loud or lousy guests as we weren't even present. She or the Company could have informed us nicely that more money was due and that would have been fine. Opening the dialogue with a threat is never a good idea. Both Linda and Airbnb should understand that. When I got the call telling us we were evicted, after my initial surprise and anger, I asked if I could just cover the cost for my daughter and her husband. "Why of course! That will be $50 per day per person". I gladly paid it and that was that. Their approach to this matter sucked. To top it all off, Linda calls us the next day and asks us to give up our room to accommodate another guest. Seriously?! We are travelers. We are kind and accommodating people. Not this time. How dare she even approach us with this request. 49 steps has a lousy host and in itself is a lousy accommodation. PB and Mission Beach have much better places to rent and stay where you are treated with respect and kindness. I owned my mistake in not knowing there would be an additional fee and gladly paid that fee. You were rude in your approach and then added salt to the wound. I can not recommend this unit or host to anyone out there looking for a place to stay in San Diego.

August 2015

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
1 Sep 2015
This "abrupt" guest arrived with several unauthorized people, twice the number she had reserved the unit for. As a courtesy, we allowed them to stay and upgraded the linens and amenities during a peak summer week. A hotel would have turned them away. Booking was thru Air B&B, not Trip Advisor, and after expressing our concern, Air B&B contacted the "guest" with their policy re illegal guests. Likewise, reviewer arrived at 10:30 a.m. with her unrevealed extra guests in tow, and requested to be let in to my private Air B&B lodging. Both my housekeeper and I were appalled as it was not yet checkout time for our previous guests! Comments regarding the property, etc. are inaccurate as is her version of events; suffice it to say, this review needs to be considered in context and this guest avoided at all costs.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing