“Awesome location, great space”
other travellers have booked this property
Welcome!!  Entrance and living area - 46' HDTV, bright and sunny.
living area, bright and sunny, convertible sleeper futon sleeps 2 adults living area, sleeper futon for 2 and leather sofa
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
living area, bright and sunny, convertible sleeper futon sleeps 2 adults
living area, sleeper futon for 2 and leather sofa
Light bright kitchen - just bring your appetite!
Dining area opens to light, bright kitchen
Large, fully stocked kitchen
Bathroom - shower, tub, and amenities
Full size bed and dresser, fan and air conditioning
High thread count linens & full size Sealy Cloveridge bed
Outside patio with BBQ, table, chairs
Your backyard - 99 steps away
Your backyard at night
Mission Beach from the Air - Come Join us!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jeannie V
Boise, Idaho
“They ruined my vacation with their abrupt business practices.”
Reviewed 19 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

99 Steps
Review for 99 Steps

Linda allowed us to drop our bags early as our flight was before check in time. That was nice of her. That's where it ended. The photos of her place make it look much larger and nicer than it is. It's very small and old. The sheets were cheap and the shower faucet barely worked and the towel rack falls off the wall. The screws are stripped. Most importantly, I have stayed in PB countless times. This was our first venture with Airbnb. We had booked it for the 2 of us, but at the last minute my daughter and her husband were able to come. Our unit sleeps 1-4, so I gave this no thought. When we arrived she gave us linens and towels for 4 with a smile and welcome. Then 3 days later we get a call from Airbnb telling us that Linda is evicting us since we violated the contract by bringing in another 2 guests. My fault admittedly, I didn't read the fine print about notification to our host. I would have been delighted to pay for them had I known it was necessary as it is not the custom in other rentals I have used many times. Instead of nicely approaching us and letting us know of this violation, I get a call for eviction in the middle of our vacation! Mind you, we were never there as we were out deep sea fishing the first couple of days, so she can't complain that we were loud or lousy guests as we weren't even present. She or the Company could have informed us nicely that more money was due and that would have been fine. Opening the dialogue with a threat is never a good idea. Both Linda and Airbnb should understand that. When I got the call telling us we were evicted, after my initial surprise and anger, I asked if I could just cover the cost for my daughter and her husband. "Why of course! That will be $50 per day per person". I gladly paid it and that was that. Their approach to this matter sucked. To top it all off, Linda calls us the next day and asks us to give up our room to accommodate another guest. Seriously?! We are travelers. We are kind and accommodating people. Not this time. How dare she even approach us with this request. 49 steps has a lousy host and in itself is a lousy accommodation. PB and Mission Beach have much better places to rent and stay where you are treated with respect and kindness. I owned my mistake in not knowing there would be an additional fee and gladly paid that fee. You were rude in your approach and then added salt to the wound. I can not recommend this unit or host to anyone out there looking for a place to stay in San Diego.

August 2015

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
1 Sep 2015
This "abrupt" guest arrived with several unauthorized people, twice the number she had reserved the unit for. As a courtesy, we allowed them to stay and upgraded the linens and amenities during a peak summer week. A hotel would have turned them away. Booking was thru Air B&B, not Trip Advisor, and after expressing our concern, Air B&B contacted the "guest" with their policy re illegal guests. Likewise, reviewer arrived at 10:30 a.m. with her unrevealed extra guests in tow, and requested to be let in to my private Air B&B lodging. Both my housekeeper and I were appalled as it was not yet checkout time for our previous guests! Comments regarding the property, etc. are inaccurate as is her version of events; suffice it to say, this review needs to be considered in context and this guest avoided at all costs.
cleveland

A romantic getaway
Carmichael CA
Reviewed 30 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
30 Jul 2013
It was a pleasure hosting Dot and her family! From the time the reservation was made, and all during their stay, our communication was excellent. Our 99 Steps units are in the best location in Mission Beach - incredibly central while still being pleasant and relaxing. The interiors are upgraded with the best beds, linens, kitchens, etc. and walking to the beach is a breeze. We pride ourselves on customer service and offer the best rates. Our new housekeeper had removed part of the Keurig for cleaning and we were happy to deliver a new one along with lots of KCups for morning coffee! We are sorry your first visit was so short, and look forward to hosting you again!
VirginiaH...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“pleasantly surprised, delighted, charmed!”
Reviewed 7 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
people found this review helpful

I am pretty picky when it comes to hotels/homestays. I loved staying in this apartment. It was very clean, super close to the beach, and stocked with everything you could need. I stayed here for a work trip, and the experience was much more enjoyable than a hotel. I loved the urban vibe - it is SO well located, I never used my car . Yet at night, it was quiet enough I could hear the ocean. There's something very calm about this apartment and very friendly, a real kitchen big enough to cook Thanksgiving dinner for the family in, brand new pilllowtop bed, nice quality linens and towels. I really did feel like a welcomed guest. I had heard MB was noisy and crowded but once I closed my door, I was in my own little custom painted world. Good shopping/supermarkets nearby, restaurants, activities, lots to do. Although we never met in person my hosts made sure that everything was taken care of. They were very nice to work with before and during my stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I felt welcomed and at home; owners clearly love and care for the property.
Liked least: Leaving. I could live in this apartment, it is so well laid out. Lots of space & storage, rare at the beach.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing