“Amazing tacos and churros! ”
Review of The Blind Burro

The Blind Burro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blind Burro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #231 of 5,561 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located steps away from Petco Park, The Blind Burro is owned and operated by Good Time Design in San Diego. The Blind Burro specializes in baja coastal cuisine using local and sustainable seafood and produce when possible. Think grilled fish, chicken and shrimp with a Mexican and Baja inspired twist. The Blind Burro also showcases a second-to-none tequila, mezcal and spirits program that enhances the restaurant's Baja Costal vibe. With a walk up outdoor bar, guests are able to eat and drink, while enjoying the always amazing San Diego weather. Come late night, the restaurant converts into a fun and unique lounge
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Unique street tacos! The salmon, shrimp and mole tacos were so, so good. Housemade chips and salsa were excellent, too. Went for lunch, and enjoyed so much that we returned for lunch the next day. And, bonus: $5 kids meals! Great find. The churros are $8 and worth every penny! !!! Fresh! Melt in your mouth sweet, cinnamonny goodness. Highly recommend this place!

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Went for happy hour with coworkers before a Padres game. Sit outside and watch the crowds roll in. Tuesdays there seem to be bottomless margaritas. I thought it was kind of cheap that they upcharge for flavors. But the Mahi tacos were good. The server was awesome and friendly. We had fun as a group. Worth checking out for happy hour on a Tuesday.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Went here for a quick dinner after a day of flights and layovers and obviously wasn't feeling too sharp so they got me pretty good. Was brought some complementary chips and salsa, they asked if I'd like some guacamole, said "sure"! Was later shocked by the $8 price tag for the guacamole on my bill. Food tasted good but that spendy gauc left a bad taste in my mouth. Boooooo! Blind Burro, that wasn't very up front on your part, tourists beware!

1  Thank TripSkipper1
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

The music is so loud that the servers can't hear your order. The wait staff delivered my salad to the group next to me. When they brought me a new salad, it was missing the chicken I ordered. And the new chicken I received was luke warm at best. I saw the woman to the right of me send back her food too. Very disappointed.

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

I ate here while attending a meeting in town. The staff was attentive and friendly and I was seated right away. The food was not the best part of a he restaurant. The chips were over fried, hard and greasy. The guacamole was, on the other hand, very fresh and delicious. Chicken tacos were ok. I would say overall average food.