“What a gem”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We only stumbled upon this place due to the fact that we were looking for a toilet, we planned to order a slice or two as a courtesy for using their toilet, we ended up having six slices by the end of our visit, and would have ordered more had there been any extra slices available on the spot.

We had one cheese slice, two pesto and three mushroom ones, our preferred option was the mushroom pizza.

I wasnt sure about the dough, because it didnt seem deep enough to be considered chicago deep dish, at the end of the day, who cares? As long as they are good.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I ordered 1 slice of pepperoni and 1 slice cheese to go. Once I reached my hotel I thought I had received 2 slices of cheese pizza but the pepperoni was under the cheese, barely cooked. Huh, don't get it?!?!? If you are NY pizza lover don't come here. Nothing to write home about.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I would give this place a negative 5 stars if I could. Ordered a pizza through a site I was referred to order it through on the phone with Berkeley and never received the pizza. Placed the order at 3:44 PM, after waiting 2 hours I called and asked when I would get it, was told 35 minutes. It never arrived. Called back a hour later, was told it was next up when a driver was available. It never arrived. Called back again a hour later and was told they were having problem with drivers and basically the pizza would never get here! Why offer delivery as even an option? The refund I received 2 hours before I was told my pizza would never come isn't enough. Waited 4 hours for a pizza that never came and they didn't have the decency to inform me while I waited around starving. Horrible business and I'm sure horrible pizza even though I didn't get to try it. Will never even give this place a thought ever again and you shouldn't either. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We stumbled across Berkeley Pizza whilst exploring the gaslamp quarter and what a gem! Lovely chap that served us and good value. The pizzas were proper deep dish Chicago style so expect toppings and cheese on the bottom and sauce on the top. They were surprisingly light and very flavoursome. We tried the sausage, pepperoni and the pesto and garlic, all were delicious! Really fast, friendly service.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

This place reminds me of any basic pizza place in most college towns. They serve deep dish pizza (2 slices and a drink deal) and you can also purchase local craft beer. Simple no-frills atmosphere. Pizza was good. We stopped by after a night out at the bars and that seems to be most of their clientele. Server was very friendly!

1  Thank Mauigirl44