“Worst experience of my life! Avoid at all costs!”
Review of Berkeley Pizza

Berkeley Pizza
Ranked #695 of 5,274 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I would give this place a negative 5 stars if I could. Ordered a pizza through a site I was referred to order it through on the phone with Berkeley and never received the pizza. Placed the order at 3:44 PM, after waiting 2 hours I called and asked when I would get it, was told 35 minutes. It never arrived. Called back a hour later, was told it was next up when a driver was available. It never arrived. Called back again a hour later and was told they were having problem with drivers and basically the pizza would never get here! Why offer delivery as even an option? The refund I received 2 hours before I was told my pizza would never come isn't enough. Waited 4 hours for a pizza that never came and they didn't have the decency to inform me while I waited around starving. Horrible business and I'm sure horrible pizza even though I didn't get to try it. Will never even give this place a thought ever again and you shouldn't either. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We stumbled across Berkeley Pizza whilst exploring the gaslamp quarter and what a gem! Lovely chap that served us and good value. The pizzas were proper deep dish Chicago style so expect toppings and cheese on the bottom and sauce on the top. They were surprisingly light and very flavoursome. We tried the sausage, pepperoni and the pesto and garlic, all were delicious! Really fast, friendly service.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

This place reminds me of any basic pizza place in most college towns. They serve deep dish pizza (2 slices and a drink deal) and you can also purchase local craft beer. Simple no-frills atmosphere. Pizza was good. We stopped by after a night out at the bars and that seems to be most of their clientele. Server was very friendly!

1  Thank Mauigirl44
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Super yummy pizza place open late for all the drunks, cause who doesn't love pizza when they are drunk. They have a combo that consists of 2 slices of pizza and bottomless soda for $10.

The girl that was working was super sweet. I felt bad because it was a late, late Friday night on Cinco de Mayo and the place was packed but she didn't even seem the least bit annoyed whatsoever.

The pizza was super delicious and made me feel like I was in Chicago. Seemed to be like a local hangout for anybody that lives in SD. Definitely recommend checking this place out.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Great little location, feels very chill and college-like. I personally did not feel it was the best Chicago style pizza I've had (since I'm originally from Chicago) however my co-workers enjoyed their meals. It was a bit too hot, burnt the top of my mouth, and bottom of the pizza was black burnt making the crust really hard to chew. Great if you're drunk like we were though.