“Delicious Chicago style pizza ”
Review of Berkeley Pizza

Berkeley Pizza
Ranked #699 of 5,561 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We stumbled across Berkeley Pizza whilst exploring the gaslamp quarter and what a gem! Lovely chap that served us and good value. The pizzas were proper deep dish Chicago style so expect toppings and cheese on the bottom and sauce on the top. They were surprisingly light and very flavoursome. We tried the sausage, pepperoni and the pesto and garlic, all were delicious! Really fast, friendly service.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 26 June 2017

This place reminds me of any basic pizza place in most college towns. They serve deep dish pizza (2 slices and a drink deal) and you can also purchase local craft beer. Simple no-frills atmosphere. Pizza was good. We stopped by after a night out at the bars and that seems to be most of their clientele. Server was very friendly!

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Mauigirl44
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Super yummy pizza place open late for all the drunks, cause who doesn't love pizza when they are drunk. They have a combo that consists of 2 slices of pizza and bottomless soda for $10.

The girl that was working was super sweet. I felt bad because it was a late, late Friday night on Cinco de Mayo and the place was packed but she didn't even seem the least bit annoyed whatsoever.

The pizza was super delicious and made me feel like I was in Chicago. Seemed to be like a local hangout for anybody that lives in SD. Definitely recommend checking this place out.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 1 April 2017

Great little location, feels very chill and college-like. I personally did not feel it was the best Chicago style pizza I've had (since I'm originally from Chicago) however my co-workers enjoyed their meals. It was a bit too hot, burnt the top of my mouth, and bottom of the pizza was black burnt making the crust really hard to chew. Great if you're drunk like we were though.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Middle of downtown gas lamp district. Leo it'll hole in the wall. Look like a sandwich shop that serves locally brewed beer. Boy was I wrong, pizza did took a while for it to finish but when it came out I see why.
Super deep dish pizza with tons of flavor. I thought I was gonna able to finish but I was tapped out at two slices.
Have to try this place