“Best. Pizza. Ever. ”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

This may be the best pizza I've ever had. It's deep dish with a thin crispy crust. So delish. I'm not even a huge pizza eater but I'll always visit here any time I visit San Diego. Very small seating area so take out would be best. Good craft beer selection if you plan to dine in.

Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

The pizza here is so unique and the taste is great. It truly is a cross between New York style and Chicago deep dish. I loved that the traditional toppings are place under the cheese. This was my favorite pizza in the city just because of the uniqueness of the pizza. This is a MUST stop in the Gaslamp

Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

I start by saying I was here during comic con so I don't know that they were operating at 100%. I ordered a spinach/mushroom small pie which was plenty for two people. It is a "deep dish" so the crust was flaky rather than doughy, so be warned of that right off the bat. It was more chunky tomato than sauce and the toppings sort of baked into the cheese. I also have to mentions that I'm from NYC so pizza has a very distinct taste and this is not a typical pie. I also have spent a good amount of time in Chicago and this is also not the traditional knife and fork deep dish. Personally I say try it but don't expect it to be like anything you've had before. If you can eat in I also think this is not a slice that can be eaten after its gotten cold. The place itself feels very local pizza dive and I love that.

Reviewed 6 July 2015

Great experience all-around. Sort of chill/divey/comfy little place perfect for lunch and a couple of brews. And that's exactly what we decided to do here!

The deep dish pizza is very good. Not the best one I've ever had but absolutely good. Better than good for sure, actually. There could have been a bit more mushroom/spinach on the mush/spinach pie they are known for. Good beer selection as well.

What surely makes this a 5 was the customer service. I wish I knew the name of the guy who seemed to be doing everything from working the register, pouring beer, making pizza and bringing it out to guests. It was on July 4th. He should have been overwhelmed with all these tasks and somehow handled it with a huge smile and grace. I will definitely be coming back here when in town! Good quality ingredients, well-made pizza, good beer selection and great customer service cannot be beaten!

Reviewed 23 June 2015

We stopped here as part of our Bite San Diego food tour. Berkeley Pizza was described to me as ‘if Chicago pizza and New York pizza had a baby, Berkeley Pizza is it’. It’s really the best way to describe the thin crust deep dish pizza. Pair it with our fantastic San Diego local beer on tap and you’ve got a great afternoon.