“Great Food and Drink”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 28 December 2017

My sister and I went here for some birthday food and drinks and I was very pleased with their food and drinks. I ordered esquites and tacos with a margarita and shot and everything was excellent. I was really pleased to have chosen this place as the original bar we were going to was too packed and we happened upon this one. The only reason i didn't give it an excellent rating was because our service was meh. Our waitress rarely checked on us and was too busy playing with other workers at the bar/grill. If we would have had better service, I would've rated this place excellent. But the food and drinks were so good, it was definitely worth it- even with the mediocre service.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

The place looks great with a funky décor, that is what attracted us in the door and the outside seating area. The service was very slow despite the restaurant being fairly quiet. I would have called the food authentic Mexican as it was very Americanised. The icy cold beers went down nicely once they arrived. There are many more authentic Mexican option to be had in San Diego.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

My husband and I were staying in San Diego for the first part of our honeymoon. We were looking for a place to eat that was close to our hotel so we went exploring. We both like Mexican food so we thought we would give this place a try. We were not disappointed! Great food. Salsa with a kick! Tacos were delicious! Margaritas were also fantastic. I would also say that for the the location, the price was great in comparison to other restaurants in the same area. Would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped at Funkys for Taco Tuesday. $1.75 tacos! Tacos were mediocre, guacamole was good, Don Garcia margaritas were weak and had too much orange’ liquor in them for my taste. Lots of locals, so they must approve.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We went for a box match, we had to pay cover, but it was worth it, inside drinks weren’t expensive, we had a great time, waiters where nice and go everything on time, and with a smile.

Music after the box match was awesome and the environment was very cool.

Totally recommended specially for Mexicans or people who like Latin party.