All reviews front desk overlooking the courtyard yogurt within walking distance free breakfast the breakfast area parking garage free airport shuttle would stay here again charming hotel waffle maker close to the airport an older property rooms are clean nice breakfast rental car shuttle service
Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

I just left this hotel after the first night of a 2 night stay. I would have left earlier if I hadn't been driving all day.

Pros:

Great location
Nice court yard

Cons
Small rooms -no bigger then a small bedroom.
Rooms smell of mildew- I was in 2 the both had a super musty/ mildew smell
Uncomfortable beds
They didn't have toilet paper in my room!
The shower was falling apart.

I will never stay here again and would never recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Marcus M
Reviewed 19 February 2016

The Fairfield Inn in Old Town is conveniently located three minutes away from the main strip in Old Town. I recommend getting a room with a balcony--nice view of the pool and jacuzzi, plus you can sleep with the balcony doors open for a nice breeze. I think parts of the property appear to be a little outdated, some maintenance is required (elevator buttons not lit, edges of hallway walls damaged, etc.), but overall it is in acceptable shape.

One great asset the Fairfield has is its underground parking. San Diego is one of those cities (like San Francisco) where parking is at a premium, and for $18 a night, this parking is invaluable. It is virtually impossible to find parking in Old Town during a weekend, so location of this hotel is perfect.

The (heated) pool and jacuzzi are nice, the complimentary breakfast is standard (but not something to write home about), and staff is excellent. Overall, we would stay there again because it is a reasonable value, with a very good location.

Room tip: Get a room with a balcony above the first floor
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank LeeTrotman
Reviewed 3 February 2016

We loved being able to walk to Old Town. The hotel was convenient to so much - the zoo, airport, downtown were all about 5-6 miles away. The desk staff and housekeeping staff were all very nice. Free breakfast was a good way to start the day. We paid for parking but there seemed to always be on-street spaces available.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the main building - more convenient to the lobby and breakfast.
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank KLJNJ
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

It is obviously a Marriott but built in the 70s. Was remodeled 3+ years ago. It is in the heart of old downtown San Diego. Walking easily to those eateries and bars.

It is a bit rough around the edges if you look real close. One thing I didn't appreciate was after parking in the underground garage, I thought I had a leak possibly in my radiator as water was running from by my car. Nope car is fine, It Was RAW sewage from a leaky pipe from one of the guest rooms on ground level. I do plan to mention this to the staff. Could drip directly on you or if you dropped your keys in the wrong spot. Just sayin.

Room clean and comfortable. Fair for 139 for the old town flair for a standard double queen room. Optional parking of 18 a night gets a super small spot in a secured access garage. (Yes the bath/sewer car wash garage. Ewe )

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank W7031WSrogers
Peter M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Diego Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

Good Afternoon Roger S,

My name is Peter M. and I am the General Manager at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Old Town San Diego. I would like to begin by apologizing for any inconvenience that was caused during your stay with us.

After completing a very thorough investigation into the claims that Sewage was leaking in our hotel garage I have some news! We have NO sewage lines in our parking garage, and the days that you stayed at our hotel it ended up raining. Also I am not sure what made you think it was raw sewage that was leaking on your car as it resembled water? regardless I apologize again for any misunderstanding, but i assure you we have No Sewage leak at this hotel, and we have never had a sewage leak here.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to San Diego.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

We enjoyed our stay here for the Holiday. Bowl. The free breakfast had lots of choices. Our room on the third floor in the main building was quiet and well appointed. Of course it's close to the Old Town historic site, but we were pleasantly surprised to be able to walk to the transportation center and go most anywhere on the public transit system. We thought it was convenient, easy to use, and efficient. For our dollar it was good value for the time of year and comparative to other similar choices.

Room tip: Main building was quiet. It may depend on other guests, though.
Date of stay: December 2015