All reviewshotel circlesea worldmission valleyold towntwo bedroom suitefree beer and winefull kitchenother hotelsparking feekids loved the poolstove topfront desk stafffree breakfastliving areathe breakfast areayogurtheated pool
Reviewed 3 March 2018

The hotel is very nice. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite. It was very large and had a kitchen. We stayed on a Saturday so they did not have the Residence Inn mixer. For what we paid, they really should have the mixer every night. The breakfast in the morning was good. The jacuzzi was relaxing. They charge for parking which is ridiculous. Two years ago, none of the Hotel Circle hotels charged for parking, now they all seem to. It is crazy and I refuse to stay at hotels that charge for parking unless absolutely necessary. In this situation, we needed to stay in Hotel Circle. The staff was very nice. The internet worked fine. There was no ice machine working but they gave us ice from behind the front desk.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Parking- not even downtown, but charges $18 a day parking fee.

During the fitness room update, we had to drive to the club near by. Usually in this type of inconvenience, hotels just give you free parking.

Swimming pool, food was floatong.

Sleeper couch- metal spring was sticking out that pinched my skin.

I am Platinum Elite with this hotel chain.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Drttavel
Peter M, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Hi Drttavel,

I am so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We are almost finished with our renovation and as all the rooms are complete the fitness center is our last public area to be completely refreshed.

Unfortunately all the hotels in Mission Valley do charge for parking due to the lack of space in the area and the premium for parking. We are surprised to hear that the brand new sofa's in the room were not in perfect condition as none of them are more than a few weeks old and barely used.

Again we sincerely apologize for the experience you had during your stay, and hope to see you again on your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Recently stayed at this property for 2 nights with my family. Good price for the space. I will say, the walls are pretty thin though. I could hear the upstairs guest walking around and coughing at 1:30AM (I'm a light sleeper). Also, the bathtub started making this gurgling noise during the first night. When I got up to look, there was definitely back-up in the tub. I washed it out and closed the drain and didn't hear it anymore.
They were renovating when we were there so if you don't like the smell of lacquer or paint, be aware! And for some reason, the main entrance doors weren't locked, anyone could've gotten in. Lastly, it would've been nice if the bathrooms were bigger. I'm also not a fan of the sink being on the outside.

Overall, friendly staff, convenient snack shop on-site, laundry facilities on-site, good location to the zoo, beach, and fashion valley.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Peter M, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you for your review kinayang84,

We are almost finished with our complete renovation and are expecting to be complete at the end of February.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I am sorry that you had those issues with the tub and the noise, we will investigate that right away.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to San Diego!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

I stayed here for business for 2 nights. It was a very comfortable 2 nights. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. The rooms were spacious so i had plenty of room to stretch out and do some work. I did not utilize the kitchenette but it was nice having a full size coffee maker. The Hotel was currently under construction but i did not notice much as i was not there during the day. I would stay here again in heartbeat. I curious to see how it looks when the renovation is complete

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Peter M, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you so much for the awesome review Smit4110!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we are almost finished with our renovation.

We cant wait to see you once our renovation is complete.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

A decent hotel. We chose it for the space for a family of 6. 2 bedrooms plus a living area. Just barely sleeps 6. I wish the bathroom hadn’t been off one of the bedrooms and the stovetop didn’t work well. But staff was friendly and efficient. Breakfasts were typical hotel fare. Free Food on M-W nights is a plus.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Peter M, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Thank you so much for the 4 Star review Nebby3!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff was efficient.

We hope to see you again on your next trip out to San Diego.