“Clean, spacious, comfortable stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley

Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley
Ranked #113 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Lakeside, California
“Clean, spacious, comfortable stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

We came to Residence Inn MV for a midweek stay while we had to be out of our San Diego home for the week. As a family of five, hotel stays are not our favorite thing, but this time was perfect. We had a large spacious room with a full kitchen (important since I had to pack lunches for school each day). Our family loved and appreciated the breakfasts and dinners provided. Our room was clean and the new renovation was very appealing.

This hotel is a great place to stay and everyone we encountered was very friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Elisha F
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Korean first
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We traveled to San Diego for a family vacation in late January and stayed at the Residence Inn Mission Valley. It was an awesome place for a family - we loved the breakfasts and having dinner provided during the week saved us a great deal of money and hassle since we didn't have to get out again just to eat. The hotel was close to all of the attractions - zoo, Sea World, Old Town, etc. and had great highway access for when we wanted to drive up to La Jolla.

As most have said, the parking fee is somewhat frustrating but not much you can do about this since most hotels charge this fee.

Overall, we had a great experience - the front desk staff was very helpful and our room looked great every day. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Monterey Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

The kids loved the heated pool...although it could have been a little warmer. We all ended up in the jacuzzi because we could only take the cold for so long, then again it was a winter night when we first went in, and a less than sunny morning the second time.
The room was excellent. It had a king size bed with a pull out couch, and the best kitchenette we have ever seen at a hotel.
And to save the best for last: Warm Breakfast...that's right, not continental...WARM! Ohhhh just remembering my pleasant surprise!!!

PS.
Reason for not giving 5 stars for value: $180 bill for just the room & parking. I feel that's a little too much. I know most hotels do this...but I still cannot be ok with paying to park my car for staying at a place I'm already paying for! Hopefully that helps some of you as a starting point or as leverage.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Kapolei, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

My husband and I used to like this place due it's close to my husband's conference venue ... until Oct 2011. On the nighnt we checked in, I already noticed a huge difference in housekeeping: bathroom was grossly filthy (door had yellow stuff clinging on its panels and brownish hand marks as well, floor was dirty, light switches were dirty, toilet bowl was very nasty, brownish coloration clinging inside the bowl). Trash was full under kitchen cabinet, my husband had to take it out himself. The bed sheets and pillow cases smelled like sweat. There were only 5 small hangers in the closet (for a 6 day stay, 12 pairs of outfit for my husband and my self, 5 hangers aren't sufficient). I addressed the cleanliness issue to the front desk and I fairness, she offered to transfer us to a different room but since it was past 11 PM and having cleaned the bathroom door, disinfected all the lateral surface including toilet bowl, door knobs, light switches, and tv remote control, I just asked to have the linens/pillowcases changed and provide more hangers. Well, it took me a phone call, 1 trip to the front desk, and my husband to take a trip again to the front desk before we get a clean set of linens and more hangers.....a total of over 1 hour. Speaking of housekeeping, the batch of housekeepers were the MOST LAZY I have ever encountered (next to Residence Inn Airport and Greenbrier Norfolk, VA). I have to call to get our room serviced, ask for fresh towels, and have our linens changed mid-week).
This place used to be pleasant in 2009-2010. I don't know what happen, but one thing for sure, WE ARE NOT COMING BACK until they achieve an acceptable housekeeping standard.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank yNCAWE7
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

This was our 4th time staying in this hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast is very good and has a variety of food to choose from. The managers social hour on Monday thru Thursday was hosted by a great staff and the food was delicious. If we go back to San Diego we will definately stay here.

Room Tip: Since we don't have children I would prefer to stay on the top floor to avoid children being chi...