“Great Family hotel”

Ranked #122 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Sydney, Australia
“Great Family hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

The staff are great - especially Jessica who was great with the kids and was even willing to go out and buy firm pillows for me. I hadn't complained she just asked what could we do better and I said better pillow choice not everyone likes soft pillows.... I was leaving the next day so told her not to worry. We had two strollers delivered to the hotel that we had bought on Amazon from Australia and the engineering department very kindly put them together for us. Perfect time of year (Australian school holidays) and NO crowds at breakfast or pool. Close to shops, theme parks and very quiet. Internet was good. Pool was warm as well even in winter could go swimming. Only complaint was the $13 a day parking when Anaheim doesn't charge - as it is controlled by boom gates surely they don't need to? Would recommend it highly - clean, friendly staff, great location. Much much better than RI Anaheim which was our next stop!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Korean first
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I travel the entire county and I have yet to find a hotel I enjoy more. The Accommodation are wonderful the social hr is fun and the food is good. But to me it's all about service and the service perfect!!!!

It's a must stay when your in San Diego

Room Tip: Every Room is great, I like staying by the stairs it seems to be a bit more quiet
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

I have no better way of saying how much I love this hotel and their staff than saying I stayed here for 300 days last year. I have the option of staying at other hotels, but I choose this one. I was working closer for the first 8 months or so, but now work about 40 minutes away and still stay here. The staff is the friendliest and truly make this hotel. Any time I have had an issue, it has always been addressed immediately and I always receive a note in my room. And I have had very few issues. The hotel has been recently remodeled and the rooms are great. The breakfast is the best in the area, not your typical warmed in the microwave type. Fresh eggs, biscuits and gravy, some sort of meat, fresh fruit, juice, etc. The lounge is pretty much a full bar with out the hard liquor. They have at least 5 beers on tap and 4 or 5 wines. But the staff is what makes this hotel. Shelby, Courtney, Todd, Lilly, and Taylor are awesome. They knew my name from day one and always go out fo their way to make my stays great. They were out of a drink I like in their little store and went out to Costo, bought some, and stocked the fridge in my and left a note in my room. This hotel is what I call home.

You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay on the second floor on the same side as the laundry room. Parking is easy with a do...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Skelt11
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Little bit of an odd layout to this one but has benefits in its uniqueness. Plenty of room in the hotel as well. Everything is pretty open. I stay here most of the time when in San Diego due to its affordable price and its location. Easy to go anywhere in San Diego from there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SerenityTrugger
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

I travel a lot on business and spend a lot of time in hotels. This hotel has definitely impressed me. All of the staff are very friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast and the evening meals are very good. To top it off the gym is pretty well equipped to. Anyone staying in the San Diego area should definitely try and get into this hotel. I spent 5 weeks here and am very happy that I chose this Residence Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business