Staybridge Suites San Diego - Sorrento Mesa
US$ 179
US$ 168
US$ 177
US$ 142
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$ 248
US$ 225
Hotels.com
US$ 166
ExtendedStay
The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$ 418
US$ 348
US$ 284
US$ 226
US$ 652
HardRockSD.com
  • Restaurant
Kings Inn San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$ 146
US$ 143
Hilton San Diego Mission Valley(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$ 166
US$ 145
US$ 193
US$ 165
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbasketball courtfree laundrytwo bedroom suitefull kitchenlarge refrigeratorsafe neighborhoodnice kitchensocial hourdaily breakfastfire pitsofa bedrestaurants and shoppingminute drivequiet areastayed here for a weekbusiness tripthe breakfast area
Reviewed 13 March 2012

3 items 5+, for Location (AT&T, Motorola, Qualcomm) ,SUPERIOR HELPFUL STAFF, and WOW WIFI - furthest room on the 4th floor and had 100% connectivity. For those of us who need it that in itself makes this hotel a great bargain. The breakfast was fine with a different mix of items every day. Evening "meals" are what you expect for "free". The rooms are OLD and need to be updated....which I was told will be happening starting 3/12/12....much needed compared to other "suite" hotels. Would like a jacuzzi to relax in but that is a "want" not a need. I utilized the shuttle to go back and forth to work (AT&T offices) and they were super!
"

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I travel to this area a few times a year for work and have stayed at a few different hotels. I will not be staying at this one again.

Bad: Dirty furniture and floors, see pictures. Loud gas station and busy street outside, love being woken up at 6 to honks and trucks backing up. Ancient zenith TVs with terrible picture and reception. Very little sunlight in the Mira Mesa-facing rooms. AWFUL mattress, my back hurt every morning. Old decor.

Good: Has a kitchen. Next to grocery store and food court. Free parking. Heated pool (no hot tub). Breakfast and snacks 5:30-7:30. Nice staff.

I was only here 2 nights, I'd be depressed if I had to stay here for a long term assignment. But if you do, ask for a room facing the pool or rear of the hotel. The front, facing Mira Mesa Blvd is so loud, dark, and crappy view.

My corporate rate was $199, which is way too much for this place . As a comparison, we pay the same as the Torrey Pines Hilton which is way nicer (you will pay $25 a day for parking at the dHilton). Or Drive a few extra miles to the Embassy Suites on La Jolla Village Drive if you don't need a kitchen.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room, facing rear of hotel or recreation area.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank GoesTo11
IHGCare, Guest Relations IHGCare at Staybridge Suites San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear GoesTo11,

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel.
Your feedback is appreciated as this lets us know on what areas we can improve.

Thanks again,

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 January 2012

This suite is close to the business district (qualcomm and Motorola offices). Very hospitable staff and great breakfast in the morning. Also close to the super markets and shopping complexes. You could also use the complimentary shuttle service for short trips around the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stayed at Staybridge suites, San Diego for a month during one of my assignments in office. The place is next to a food court and very close proximity to major corporates. Overall this place offers a nice stay with homely atmosphere and benefits you can truely utilize.

They offer free shuttle to nearby office locations, nice buffet breakfast and mouth watering freshly baked cookies in the evening.

The taste of freshly brewed beer alongside the swimming pool is definitely a relaxing experience.

This hotel has ample of parking space and well mannered front desk executives. Definitely a suggested place to try for foreigners visiting San Diego.

The down side I found is the room service on some occasions. The room cleaning is sometimes delayed and you need to remind them every time you leave the room.
The other problem is the magnetic access cards. Most of the times they wont work and you need to run to the front desk to get a replacement card.

The hotel has a nice Gym with decent amount of equipment to exercise for fitness freaks.

Laundry facility is available on the ground floor so you need not carry bag full of clothes for your trip.

Free Wifi and wired internet access are also a plus point.

Room Tip: All the rooms are well appointed but the rooms on 2nd floor overlooking the Mira Mar airbase offer a better view and are totally noise free.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank santu71182
Reviewed 28 September 2011

My wife and I have both been assigned to San Diego recently (since late August) as part of our company's expansion. We initially stayed at Residence Inn in a 2 bedroom suite for 3 weeks before deciding to move to Staybridge Suites in Mira Mesa, with similar amenities and accommodations. My wife and I initially thought that value wise it gives more bang for the buck. But just after one night we already had a scary and disappointing experience. First when we were getting ready for work, the closet door which should at least be 50 lbs heavy, fell on our 3 yo son while he was closing the thing after getting a pair of socks. We were scared s#*t upon realizing what happened. But when we realized it was just his toe that got hit, we decided to call the operator to send in the maintenance guy to fix the closet. Our son recovered and looks fine to me. However, when we came back to our room later that day, the house keeping did not exactly do what was supposed to be done, which is to clean at least the floor and replenish the coffee, soaps, shampoo and conditioners in both rooms. At least the house keeper took the tip we left at the table. So far it's disappointing now we're thinking of moving out by Friday.

• Stayed: September 2011