Unfortunately, our stay at this hotel single handedly ruined our vacation. We stayed at this hotel for a conference in the middle of March. Our room was on the first floor overlooking the street. The noise was so loud from the street that we couldn't sleep. The second night we were there a bunch of young guests banged on our room door at 1 am thinking that there was a party in our room. The next morning (St. Patty's Day) we awoke to a large tent with adjacent green lanterns being set up steps from the hotel and a stage right beside it. Needless to say we didn't want another sleepless night and moved to another hotel.
The rooms were small, and run down. There are much nicer hotels in the gaslamp district for not much more money. Would never return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style hotel is centrally located in San Diego's exciting Gaslamp Quarter. We invite you to step back in time to the elegant comforts, friendly hospitality and impeccable service of a bygone era. Opened in 1913 as the St. James Hotel, San Diego's original high-rise luxury hotel, our beautifully restored property is an oasis of historic style for leisure and business travelers. We are 6 1/2 blocks from San Diego's waterfront convention center. It's a pleasant 7 minute walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn & Suites Gaslamp/ Hotel San Diego
- Ramada Inn And Suites Gaslamp/Convention Center
- Ramada Inn San Diego
- Ramada San Diego