All reviewspoint lomasmall hotelc unitclean roomsvending machineshower curtainmicrowave and fridgesmall roomwater pressurewould stay againocean beachstarbuckspillowsfixturesdresseressentialsearplugs
Reviewed 14 August 2017

All we wanted was a comfortable bed and a decent shower at a reasonable price for a quick weekend get a way. The beds were hard as rock, the pillows no better, the shower had no pressure...NONE...trickled out unless you had it at a cold or warm setting, no hot water pressure and the parking spots were so tight we had to park on the street in fear of getting dinged.
All of this and not such a great price after all....the two beds in the small room was so tight you could not walk through the room....no dresser, no closet, and the door cleared the toilet by less that half an inch. The A/C unit never could cool the room......do not waste your time or money.

Room Tip: DO NOT Stay in room 101
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hotel Aqua Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Tony,
Thank you for notifying us of your experience. We are terribly sorry to hear that your visit with us was a disappointment and did not meet your expectations in comfort or value. It is saddening to read that the sleep quality and accommodations were not what you preferred and that parking was insufficient. We hope that despite these inconveniences you were still able to have a restful stay and take in some of the nearby attractions here in San Diego. Although we are an affordable property, we do not want to sacrifice quality. Again, we apologize that we fell short during your visit but we hope that you will consider us for another stay so we can make it up to you.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

When I saw the pics of this hotel, I thought it looked like a quaint simple but updated and clean boutique hotel. The only redeeming quality about this hotel is that the gentleman at the front desk is kind. Other than that, it is horrible. Our room was literally the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. The 2 full (not queen as advertised) beds were crammed up against the walls with only a few feet in between them. There was hardly enough room to put down three small suitcases. Bath room was VERY tiny. But worst part was that the room was dirty. Walls were dirty, floors had dust bunnies and dirt in corners and bedding had stains on top cover. Looked like it had been washed but blood stains didn't come out. Gross! I had reserved the hotel for three nights and requested to cancel my reservation but the manager made me pay a full nights fee even though it was early in the day and I told her I wouldn't be able to stay in the hotel under the conditions we found our room. So I payed 250, for nothing. I am not a picky hotel stayer, but I expect clean. I couldn't' have imagined laying my head down on that bed and being able to sleep. Look closely at the photos and you will see that they are very misleading. I have no idea why this hotel has the rating it has, my guess is that many are "false reviews"

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank bre g
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hotel Aqua Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Bre,
Thank you for notifying us of your experience. We're sorry that your stay was disappointing. Although we do not make any attempt to be misleading, we are sorry that you felt the images online are not representative of our property. We also apologize for the issues with cleanliness that you encountered. Our housekeeping team strives to provide every guest with a clean stay, and we are sorry that your visit was atypical. It is unfortunate that you were driven to cancel your reservation, and we can only ask that you consider us for another stay here in San Diego so that we can provide you with the experience that you deserve.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Loved the room! Great staff! Very helpful and informative! Camr remember the name of the gentleman up front, but he gave us directions and was kind upon arrival. Can't wait to go back next time! Plus beach and zoo was so close !

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hotel Aqua Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

We're delighted to hear that our staff made your stay with us extra memorable! We're happy you also loved our updated rooms and fantastic location. Thanks for choosing Hotel Aqua Mar for your visit to San Diego. We appreciate your enthusiastic review, and we can't wait to welcome you back next time!

Reviewed 1 July 2017

This was the first trip we took as a family with our 8 month old baby. When I was searching for a hotel this property caught my attention because it's non smoking. All of the reviews that I read mentioned time and again how clean this property was. Naturally I booked the room for 2 nights and we enjoyed ourselves so much that we extended our stay for one more night. The room wasn't too spacious but we made it worked we fit just right. The room was clean and had a mini fridge (not stocked) and a microwave. There's an AC and the room was modern and updated. Overall I really recommend this hotel. I can't forget about the staff they were super helpful and friendly! *** the parking lot isn't enough for all of the guest so I suggest that you get there early to get a parking.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hotel Aqua Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Manny,
We're touched that you chose Hotel Aqua Mar for your first trip as a family! It's our goal to provide a clean, smoke-free environment for our guests, and are happy this caught your attention. It's regrettable that you found parking a bit difficult. However, we're extremely flattered that you enjoyed our modern, well-appointed, accommodations so much that you extended your stay. Many thanks for your wonderful review, and we'd be honored to host you all again.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

The room was immaculate. Well worth the price. Small but perfect for one person. Wifi worked well. Flat screen tv had a good amount of channels. Bathroom vey clean. Floors clean. Not a single dust bunny in the corners.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hotel Aqua Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Buezer,

What a wonderful review! We're thrilled we could provide you with the immaculately clean and comfortable accommodations that you deserved. It is also exciting to see that you took advantage of our amenities. Come back and see us again soon at the Hotel Aqua Mar, just steps from the Bay!