“Don’t get the rating”

Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 5,483 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 60
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: La Jolla Village Drive
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We were in La Jolla for the month and from the reviews decided this would bee a great place to celebrate our anniversary with friends. Now, admittedly, we are all over 70, but when will restaurants realize that we should not be relegated to the back of the house. We arrived by Uber, order drinks and tip over 20 percent. Anyway, we were given a crummy table and I Did not complain because I did not want to cause a stir with our friends. Service was absolutely spotty. all three that had fish said it was over cooked and dry. Our Anniversary Dessert was a Baked Alaska that any pastry chef that has any idea what they are doing would say it was the worst thing they had ever had. All in all, it was our worst meal in La Jolla except for Eddie V’s. And we adore Eddie V’s in our home town.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We went for the Stone Crab because my daughter and I have been obsessed with it since she lived in Chicago and we ate at Joe’s, but wow, we didn’t expect the filet of beef in the Surf n Turf to be the Highlight of the Meal! It just melted in our mouths! I also loved that they deshelled the lobster tails for us. So easy to eat (why is the the first time I have experienced this? They had Lavosh in the bread plate! Also - They had a Pam’s Unoaked Chardonnay that was only $40 a bottle and was pretty much my favorite Chardonnay ever! They also have mini Creme Brulle which was perfect, because we couldn’t finish our meal, but can’t resist Creme Brulle. Really pricey - but worth every penny - and the server was on pointe. One of my favorite meals ever. I will come back.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Great food, fantastic service (Chick, our server was very attentive) and wonderful atmosphere. We definitely will be back!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I waited too long to write review and include some photos. Amazing Anniversary dinner.
Really Good place. The Crab Cakes were good. I would recommend ordering less sauce. Tuna, Shrimp excellent. Amazing Carrot Cake. The Best!!

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Reunion of two well-traveled couples (1 French & 1 American) with 15 years of catching up to do. Dined on the patio and enjoyed great hospitality, attentive table service, and exceptional seafood. Prices may be 20 percent or so above some rivals, but every plate was exceptional. We returned for more two nights later!