“Wonderful ethnic restaurant”

Cross street: Adams
Lompoc
“Wonderful ethnic restaurant”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We hadn't found an Ethiopian/Abyssinian restaurant since moving to San Diego from Washington, DC. This one is every bit as good as the one's on the East coast. We shared an appetizer of their version of empanadas, and we each had a combination plate of meats and legumes served on their bread, injera, which is like a big spongy crepe; you break off a piece of braed around a bite of meat or vegetable and eat without utensils. Everything was delicious, flavorful, but not too spicy. There are plenty of options for vegetarians too.
We chose a craft beer which complemented the food very well. There were desserts, but we were too full. Next time we go, we'll have two appetizers and share one main dish. The restaurant is small, a converted old row house; the decor is tasteful and the service was prompt and courteous.

• Visited February 2012
4 Thank MariaPenny
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Chicago, Illinois
“Friendly, intimate Ethiopian”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This is only my second time having Ethiopian food so I won't comment too much on the food itself. It tasted just like Ethiopian I'd had in Paris - delicious!!

The restaurant - atmosphere, service, presentation - was superb. Friend and I had a Saturday 7:30 reservation, but were seated early. Immediately after being seated one of the owners came by the table and talked to us about the food and Ethiopian food in general. He brought out samples and introduced us to Honey Wine (my new favorite thing). That was a delight. And he did this to every table. Everyone - not just our server - was attentive. I'm pretty low maintenance, but they seemed to anticipate our needs.

The atmosphere was great. Did not notice any children, but there were a variety of groups - girls night out, double dates, and a few dates. The place is dark and intimate (read: small), but I personally prefer the setting. If that's uncomfortable, then definitely opt for patio seating.

Highly recommended. I would love to pick up this place and bring it home.

Visited March 2012
3 Thank UpintheAaron
“talking about new experiences..”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

eating with my hands? I dont eat pizza without a fork!! Loved the experience though. I gotta say that i didnt enjoy the food that much. Not that it was not well done or anything like that but i guess Ethiopian food is not really my thing. But if it yours.. go ahead! Even if its not, go anyway for the experience, its worth it.

• Visited February 2012
New Zealand
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Great food....fun place with great staff. Excellent Vegan Dishes and well as other dishes.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank garyrod
Houston, Texas
“Mmmm mmm good!”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Service was slow and the waitress forgot one of our side orders, but they made up for it in great food and a complimentary dessert. Ambience is nice and its located in a converted house.

• Visited January 2012