“My stay at homestead” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #225 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“My stay at homestead”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

The pepole there are very friendly and the manager is one of the nicest people I dealt with. So I strongly recommend people to go there and stay at this hotel. It realy fills like home. :)

Room Tip: All the rooms are very clean, and look good.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Alex D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Berwick, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

This hotel was disgusting! When I arrived I was given a room on the first floor. When I got to my room I found it to be directly across from one of the trash areas(maybe 4 or 5 feet away). The trash was just dumped under the stairwells, no bins and no covers. There were so many flies swarming that I couldn't get to the door without going through them. The next room they gave me smelled horrid and had urine still on the toilet! The walkway to the room had piles of cigarette buts, litter, and beer cans. I decided to give it one more try and went to a third room. The room stunk of urine so bad I couldn't stand it and hadn't been vacuumed. Needless to stay, I did not even stay a whole night. This place was a dump!! Do NOT be fooled by the " recently renovated" claim they are making. I had several coworkers also stay in this hotel. The complaints were endless. Extremely noisy plumbing, tiny rooms, broken a/c units, broken toilets and showers, etc.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank MKBL999
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your recent experience at Homestead San Diego-Mission Valley. Providing you with a comfortable stay from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart is my staff’s primary duty. Hearing we failed in your case truly disheartening and for that I offer my sincerest apology.

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand every room be inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve and how important it is to every customer to have a memorable experience.

While we are still fine tuning various items as we wrap up our renovations, let me assure you that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won’t be repeated. Again I apologize and promise that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don’t hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again it future travels will bring you into our area.

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels