2 people have started booking this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$ 253
PricelineUS$ 291
Agoda.comUS$ 253
Hotels.comUS$ 253
FindHotelUS$ 298
TripadvisorUS$ 252
2,084 results
All reviews barefoot bar caveman pizza tidal restaurant main pool mission bay fire pit beautiful property family vacation sea world pools bungalow cj conference hawaii ducks staycation bayside
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2021

Very unique place and has amazing potential if maintained properly . Maybe due to COVID but very short-staffed, 2 out of 3 restaurants closed, limited menu.
Overall not a great experience despite paying a full price.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paradise GM, Owner at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay, drsameerohi. I am delighted to announce our restaurant Tidal will now be open on Friday and Saturdays for dinner service and Sundays for brunch. We hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 9 March 2021

If u have a baby or kids who sleep early, don’t recommend. Cus it’s too noisy, I was wakes up by our next door guest in the midnight! I can hear next door snore. Room is humidity I think it’s because we are next to the bay. But I don’t like it.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paradise GM, Owner at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Jonathan122419, thank you for proving your review. It's frustrating you had noise issues with the neighboring room. While this time of year tends to be a bit more humid, we are looking forward to the summer season and hope you can join us!

Reviewed 9 March 2021

To say I was less than impressed with this resort is an understatement. I was really looking forward to staying here, especially after reading the reviews. WHOA was I disappointed.

When we checked in, our original "Garden View" room was on the corner of 2 streets and our "patio", which is also the room entrance, might as well have been the parking space you got for the room. The room was also tiny from what I would have expected and had no windows. The outside of the buildings look like they are from several decades ago with no improvements. Inside of the rooms did have some visual updates.

I went back to the front desk and paid the additional $100 + more $ Tax to get an upgraded Bayside room. This was much better as far as view, size and privacy, with entrance on the backside. Bummer that I had to pay that much more though. The level of those "upgraded" rooms, which are still pretty basic, should be the bare minimum standard for this place.

However, our floor in this upgraded room was DISGUSTING from the moment we walked in. We noticed all of our feet were dirty and sandy immediately, before we even had a chance to get our suitcases fully unpacked. We hadn't had a chance to walk on the beach or anything and the walk from the parking space to the entrance is short, so the dirt and sand were DEFINITELY NOT OURS. After we noticed this, we immediately called the front desk to let them know... Someone came THE NEXT MORNING to sweep. They do supply you with your own broom/dustpan in the closet though - so you can sweep on your own. How thoughtful...

Also, the room might as well be a Motel 6 as far as amenities. You have NO glassware and no cups/mugs for coffee. You get 2 packets of sugar and 2 of creamer to go with the pod coffee maker. The little kitchen sink has no way to clean/wipe down anything. The ice/water is a long walk.

There is ZERO room cleaning, so our towels and linens were never changed and we were there for 4 nights with kids and sand and dirt outside. You can imagine how disgusting that got. I get that it is Covid, so maybe they are seriously cutting corners or something, but COME ON.

You get a single little soap in each bathroom that is the same type of cheap soap you get at a super basic hotel/motel. Again, nothing extra for the kitchen. The shower has soap/shamp/cond dispensers, but you have to do about 10 pumps on to get any sort of volume out of them because the actual pump is so short, and 1 of our pumps was broken on top of that.

The beds are not very comfortable. Sheets and towels were just OK. We had a bright street lamp outside our bedroom window and shades have zero darkening. We tried hanging up our own blankets/towels. Didn't help much.

The pools were nice enough, ample parking and you had easy access to the beach (which, BTW, is public and about 15 feet from your Bayside room, so good luck getting the fire pits, keeping people from taking your chairs on your patio, or controlling loud music if you are there over the weekend.)

The food at the 1 restaurant that was open was seriously over-priced... "To-Go" breakfast for 3 people was $80.

The last night I was SO OVER having disgusting towels that I tried calling the front desk and also "0" for the posted "If You Need Additional Amenities" line. I called literally 15 times. I counted. I never got anyone to pick up.

I tried one last time the morning we were checking out, just so that we had SOMETHING to shower with that was not so dirty. I had to call Reservations to get anyone to finally pick up. They transferred me to the front desk, and I asked for 4 bath towels. I got a washcloth, bath mat, hand towel and full-sized towel - so not even what I had asked for.

The resort's location is convenient. The drive into the hotel, security and the lobby are nice. The front desk staff was friendly. The pools are fine (again, nothing fancy though). There is a nice bike rental spot and it's flat to bike around. The Bayside views are nice if you get one of those rooms.

That's about all I have to say that is positive about this place. Super disappointed.

*NOTE - I also see another recent reviewer who wrote the same thing. Not a positive trend.

Room tip: Bayside only
Date of stay: March 2021

Thank you for providing your feedback, Lib_m_33. It is disappointing to learn your stay was not as expected. Cleanliness is a top priority and I apologize for the issues you experienced. While we are currently not offering stay-over cleaning services in effort to limit in-person contact, our attendants are happy to re-stock in-room amenities at your request. As part of our new sanitation guidelines, we transitioned to single-use cups but again, we are happy to replenish as needed (this includes towels, sheets, bath amenities, etc.). On the other hand, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our location, five swimming pools and friendly staff. We are happy to announce that Tidal has reopened for weekend dining and our pool cantina will be open starting this weekend!

We hope you decide to give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

Oh my goodness, I can’t believe this is a four star hotel. I’m not a huge hotel snob, but if I’m going to pay 4 star prices, I expect a four star hotel. What I got was a 2 star hotel.
The pros: front desk staff was nice and the grounds were nice.
The cons: The Rooms were very similar to a motel 6 room, nothing at all except a sliding barn door that made them any different. The tile was old and outdated bathtub drain was broken, the sink didn’t drain. I understand that covid has affected service at hotels, but it should be the job of a 4 star hotel to make up ways to accommodate. I called everyday for coffee and got something similar to what I asked for. Other than that, absolutely nothing. No fresh towels or sheets. The grounds are sandy and the room floors are tile. After 1 day the tile floors are covered in sand and then the sand from your feet is in your bed. After 4 days trash accumulates, which brings me to my next point. Ants. There were ants everywhere in my room. The longer I stayed and the longer my trash accumulated the worse it got. The in room coffee was horrible and you were allotted 1 pack of cream and sugar per cup. The paper coffee cups were the only cups in the room. No glass wear. The ice machine was a five minute walk around the grounds. All restaurants were closed except 1. A soft drink in the gift shop, when open, was almost 4 dollars. There was no airport shuttle. The gym and spa were closed, yet they still charged the amenity fee daily. And last but not least, the beds and pillows were hard and the linen were not so nice. Needless to say, I was disappointed and would not choose to stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank O4144XQdavids

Thank you for providing your feedback, 04144XQdavids. It is disappointing to learn you felt value was lacking. While we are currently not offering stay-over cleaning services in effort to limit in-person contact, our attendants are happy to re-stock in-room amenities at your request. As part of our new sanitation guidelines, we transitioned to single-use cups but again, we are happy to replenish as needed (this includes towels, sheets, bath amenities, etc.). We are happy to announce the fitness center is now open daily and our Spa will be reopening in the near future. In the meantime, we have complimentary yoga classes, a variety of lawn games, mini putt putt and more fun for all types of travelers.

We hope you decide to give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 7 March 2021

Driving in thought it was going to be amazing I thought I was in paradise driving past the security , check in was smooth and found my room pretty easy , the view of the water was great from my room. Food was awful, service was the worst , couldn’t get my room cleaned and the bed was not comfy . Way over priced for what was offered there at this time .

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay, FridayendsupTuesday. While I am happy to hear you had a smooth check in and enjoyed your water view, I'm disappointed that other areas of the resort fell short of expectations. Currently our staff members are not entering guestrooms after their check in however, we are always happy to deliver any amenities you might need during your stay. I will share your feedback with our teams so we may become better. I hope you give us another chance in the future.