“Great value for money, and amazing pieces of meat”
Review of Gaslamp Strip Club

Gaslamp Strip Club
Ranked #132 of 5,174 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This 21 & Up “grill-your-own” steak lounge is located at the “foot” of San Diego’s Historic Gaslamp Quarter. This is a friendly, casual alternative to expensive, stuffy steak houses.
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I actually ate at their La Jolla location and not the gaslamp one

It's been awhile since I have eaten here and the one I ate at was the downtown location and the food was great.

Good friend and I went in there Sunday for dinner and were told by the server they have a great special on Sundays. The special is 3 choices of steak, salad, a side, and cheesecake for dessert for $24.95 per person.

Props to the management because we didn't even know about the special and if it was not for the server we would probably of just got a steak.

I had the skirt steak and he had the t-bone and they both were excellent, including a huge salad, mashed potatoes and asparagus it was way too much food, and we both can eat.

We declined the dessert and left full and happy and would go back for sure, great job all round.

For those who don't know the theme at the strip club is you cook your own meat, so they give it to you marinated and wrapped in plastic and then you go to the grill and cook it yourself and they have about 10 different spices and rubs there for you to use.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

The quality of the meat was fantastic and I really enjoyed cooking on the grill

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Had a fantastic evening here and they accomadated our rather large party of 13 people on a busy evening with the staff been very polite.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

I had walked by this place a couple times in my week visit to downtown San Diego, but I didn't look twice because it said, "Gaslamp Strip Club". When I asked my hotel consierge where I could get a good steak, this was one of the places that he recommended. He told me it wasn't a "strip club" but a steakhouse and it was one where you "cook your own steak". That didn't bother me. I checked out the other place he recommended and steaks started at $40 and all the fixin's were extra. I walked a little farther and looked at the menu and saw the prices were much more reasonable, so I decided to give it a try. I ordered the 21 ounce Porterhouse and it came with garlic bread and a salad. I added on a baked potato for extra cost not realizing that the baked potato was 1lb. The salad was very good and then I went to grill my steak. They had instructions for time for various types of steaks and a whole row of different seasonings. I added my seasoning (they didn't have Montreal, but they had Calgary and I assume it was similar) and proceeded to grill my steak. I put the garlic bread on for a minute at the end. When cooked to perfection, I proceeded to have one of the best steaks I'd had in a long time. It was tender and juicy. It melted in your mouth. I would definitely go back if I'm in San Diego again.

2  Thank RLMartin
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Don't let the name and deco fool you -- there are no naked ladies inside except for some old photographs.

The prices are also very deceiving (in a good way). It looks cheap comparing to other steak houses in the area reason being that you cook your own steak. That's right, they give you raw steaks and point you to a nearest grill. You season it however you want, cook it however long you want. They do have some recommended cook times but don't think you can send it back if you burnt your own steak. ;)

The sides were really generous in size. So go easy when you place your order. We ordered 3 sides for the 2 of us and wasn't able to finish them. The garlic tater tots were awesome.

The only complaint was the volume of the music. We didn't mind that it was rap, hip-hop and some occasional classic rock but it was just LOUD!

1  Thank EdOverIp

Been to Gaslamp Strip Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK