“Wonderful surprise in a beautiful location!”

Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
Ranked #20 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I recently stayed at this property with my family using our points, and wasn't sure what to expect. The front desk staff was extremely polite and helpful. They answered every question I had on a variety of topics. They called taxis for me every time I asked. They provided laundry detergent and softener when I had 4 loads of laundry to wash. At no cost! The property itself is in a beautiful location. It's on the water, with gorgeous landscaping and a wonderful pool and outdoor fire pit. The best part of this hotel? Jim in the lounge. He is extremely knowledgeable and friendly. He can pour a beer like no other. And his margarita and ribeye are to die for! I wish we had a Jim at our local Courtyard. I'd hang out there all the time!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pool area looking across the water towards the bridge.
1  Thank vipcruizer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

we stayed there on april 10-13th as 4 adults and 3 children 1 baby. hotel rooms are excellent and big enough for 2 adults + 2 children. location is excellent even there are nice mexican, chinese restaurants, subway and starbucks in its parks. close to zoo and seaworld and nice&big dept.store Fashion Valley. Its beds are one of the comfortable ones that i ever tested in any hotel.breakfast was great, more choice than any standard hotel breakfast.and most important they have big carpark and it is free.highly recomended. next time it will be again our choice.

3  Thank chemist55
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My wife and I spent 4 nights over the Easter weekend at the Liberty Marriot. As it was our first time in San Diego we were unsure where we should stay however this hotel came highly recommended from a friend. We found the rooms very suitable for our needs, and the balcony overlooking the pool and waterway was a nice vista. We also highly recommend the buffett breakfast to get yrou day started. Anytime we needed assitance from the front desk they were more than accomodating. The only small issue maybe the location, being closed to the airport meant you heard quite a few planes but I think that is a general issue with the airport being so close to downtown. As we did not rent a car we ended up utilizing approx. 14 taxis duuring the weekend although none were more than $20 per trip. All in all great hotel for couples and families and we loved SD!!!!!.....sk

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This hotel is great for families. The whole place was very clean and the rooms were very comfortable and clean. The staff were always ready to help or answer any questions. Even as a busy hotel with lots of families, it was still quite a relaxing atmosphere . Our room over looked the pool area which was very nice. The gym was quite good, alougth there were plenty of walking/running tracks that ran through the hotel grounds. There were restaurants and take away outlets in and around the hotel complex, which was great if the kids were tired after along day out. The pool and spa were beautifully warm, even on a cold day! The buffet breakfast can be included in your room package and is well worth it, with lots of variety from hot dishes to traditional cold buffet. Parking is free. This was a relaxing and homey hotel and we really enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: We had a poolside room on the 4th floor and that was a lovely view, especially at night.
1  Thank detravellers
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed Easter Weekend and I absolutely loved this hotel. It was immaculate, safe and in a great location. The staff was professional and friendly and extremely accomodating. I even had a bit of problem at check in (the computer locked up) and the desk clerk first asked me to wait in the lobby until tech support could fix it but then she grabbed the master key and escorted us to our room. Much better than sitting in the lobby. Quick thinking on her part. (we checked in and got keys a bit later). The area around the hotel is beautiful. There are a few resturants within walking distance and there is plenty of parking. The pool and walking path in the back of the hotel are great. You need to get the city view if you can. It was so nice sitting on our balcony overlooking the pool, the waterway and the city of San Diego. The rooms are very nice and big and clean. Bath products are not great just the low-end stuff. But I loved the single cup coffee maker with GreenMountain coffee. I ate breakfast in the resturant once but only becasue we were given a complimentary voucher due to our mix-up at check in. Food was average (but hey it was free so hard to compain). I generallyl don't eat in hotel resturants and why would you in San Diego?? I loved this hotel so much I intend to go back with my sister very soon.

Room Tip: Get a city view room.