“Fabulous tacos and ceviche”

Oscar's Mexican Seafood
Ranked #203 of 5,557 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 5 November 2016

We've vacationed in Pacific Beach for at least 6 years now. Didn't find this little gem until this year. The grilled fish tacos and ceviche are excellent and all the food is reasonably priced for the location - a stone's throw from the beach. In one week, we ate at Oscar's at least 4 times. Each time it was crowded with a line out the door. Follow the locals, and you'll find good food. My family loved the tacos - steak or grilled, fried, or smoked fish. I LOVED the ceviche - fish, shrimp, or combo. Truly the best I've ever had by a mile. The fish is the catch of the day and changes depending on what's available.
Oscar's is very casual with a few tables inside and out. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The 1st time we stopped in, I wasn't sure about ordering the ceviche because sometimes it's too spicy or just not flavorful. The cashier kindly offered me a small cup to taste, and wow, I was totally sold.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 2 November 2016

We saw this restaurant on a tv show called "Taco-lanche!" about the best tacos across the country! These are a little small (like street tacos) but FULL of flavor! We had the smoked tuna taco, and the skirt steak taco. At $4.65 each, they're a little pricey, but unusual! I don't normally see smoked fish tacos on the menu.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 13 October 2016

Oscar is much more known as a locals place, I almost don't want to bring more attention to it, but it is too good not too. Everything here is so delicious and fresh. This is one of those hole in the wall places that seems a little odd if you just happen to pass it on the street.

Definitely take the time to grab some of their ceviche and tacos for a truly amazing San Diego experience!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Visited on the recommendation of an acquaintance. Tried the tacos. Everything was delicious. Very affordable. A little disappointed that Coca Cols was not available.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Recommended by an Uber driver we decided to give Oscars a try as it was close to where we were staying and had good reviews. It’s a casual taco shop - no frills and they also do takeaway. The food is amazing!
I have to mention the cerviche! It was so good! We had to go back on our way out of town because I couldn’t stop thinking about how good it was! The tacos are also really good and we were also given fish soup to try while we were there too. Oscars will be on my list to return to next time I’m in San Diego.

Date of visit: August 2016