“AMAZING CAVE!”

Hurricane River Cave
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Harrison
More attraction details
Owner description: Currently closed for restoration.
Kaplan, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“AMAZING CAVE!”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I just returned home from a trip through Arkansas with my parents. During our 5 day trip, we visited 4 different caves, with Hurricane River Cave being our last. We didn't even plan on visiting this cave -- we just saw the sign on the side of 65 and decided to check it out. We were all so glad we did! This cave was by far the best of those we visited! When you begin, you are given little head lights to use through out the cave. This immediately made this cave awesome to me because we didn't get to interact in such a way with the other caves. The cave was massive! We were allowed to touch and walk around and really kind of explore this cave. If you are brave, you can climb up a ladder and crawl through a second story hidden walkway to a large room where the paths meet up. My dad and I did it and it was great! (Mom stayed behind and had just as much fun). I will recommend this cave to EVERYONE! It had all the great things most caves have (stalactites, mites, columns, tons of sparkling rock formations, and bats!) plus some really great things unique to this cave only, like the "Cave Monster", the Indian Boy, and the big blue ghost! This cave made me a cave enthusiast for life and I think everyone should check it out!

Visited August 2011
7 Thank Khemburlee
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Crowley, Texas
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Cool, VERY WET cave!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2008

During our trip from Hot Springs to Branson, MO, we stopped at the Hurricane River Cave in Harrison, Arkansas. They have an excellent website; however, it does not describe how "up close and personal" this tour actually is. I am a little bit claustrophobic and did not realize how tight this cave was, but I ventured through. After purchasing tickets, you are handed lanterns since only a few areas of the cave are lighted by electricity. There is a huge spider-web iron gate at the cave entrance next to a man-made waterfall. The cave had flooded about a week before our visit, and they had to actually shovel out mud to clear a walking path. In some areas you must "duck" squat/walk to clear the ceiling. There are small bats hanging directly over your heads. Our guide touched one with his flashlight so we could see his little teeth and wings spread. Throughout the cave you are so close you can actually hear them sqeak!

For younger/braver visitors, they offer a wild caving experience. You enter the same way but you get into a small paddle boat and go to more inaccessible areas - no thank you for us!

This cave is definitely worth the stop!

7 Thank vshultsTX