Americas Best Value Inn- Topeka
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Topeka)
Courtyard Topeka(Topeka)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

I've stayed at this chain in various locations before with good results, but this place has biohazard written all over it. I should have stopped when I was told they have a $50 deposit requirement. We had to change rooms because there was blood on the sheets of that bed. Our new room smelled better, but had dried blood on the bathroom floor, bedspread, and wall. The WiFi didn't work. Someone left their nachos in the microwave. We slept on top of the bed (after we took the bedspread off), kept our bags off the ground, woke up early and kept it moving.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2016

I think this place only exists due to car races in the summer. Two weeks of drag races or something. I've never been.

Similar to a Motel 6. Not bad, really. Next time I'd choose to spend a few more dollars for a better location. Kinda felt like I needed to keep an eye on my car every few minutes. I've got a '94 Lumina, man. I can't let anything happen to that.

Unless you're here for a funeral or drag races, bypass Topeka altogether (I live here, against my will, but needed a room since my water heater was screwed up). No one wants to be here. Topeka is a good place to grow potatoes because that's the definition of the word Topeka. I think that says it all.

Happy travels!

Room Tip: First, park in the parking lot of a different hotel. Second, stick to the west side.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed 21 November 2015 via mobile

Complete rip off over charged for room,booking.com. dried blood on mirror breakfast toast and coffee. No ice machine no wireless as advertised. Room smelled like smoke. Complaint filed with booking.com no response. Nothing from America's Best hotel. Do not stay here.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

The only thing I liked about this motel was that they wrote the wattage on the microwave. It was a very hot day and the ice machine was broken with no sign of being fixed. The room was shabby and there were both brown and black stains on the bedding. It smelled bad and had no hangers. The one area they did put lots of effort into was clearing away breakfast. We arrived at 9:03 and there wasn't even coffee left. Highly recommended against. This is a disgusting dump.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank iwc2ufan99
Reviewed 3 June 2015

We were in town a few weeks ago for the NHRA races and we won when we chose this property to stay at. The location is great, the service is great and the rooms were clean & comfortable. We will be back next year!!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business