“Nice Courtyard Close to Restaurants”
Review of Courtyard Tupelo

Courtyard Tupelo
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This is a newer Courtyard in a good location. There are two restaurants within walking distance- Outback and Vanelli's. Rooms were comfortable, beds were good and the staff is very friendly. Didn't eat breakfast so can't comment. A pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel34110
Wanda H, General Manager at Courtyard Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are very proud of our hotel and are proud to say we have completed a full renovation. Please stop in and see us again if you are in the area.

Yours in hospitality

Wanda Hough

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Tupelo

Reviewed 13 October 2011

we chose this property because we were on a two and half week holiday and we needed to do some washing. we were pleased with our choice. rooms were big and beds were comfortable.hotel is next to a outback steakhouse, we had a nice meal there in the evening. elvis's birthplace is only about 10 mins drive. buffet breakfast was very good, staff were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank pauline D
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Great hotel for the money - especially if you use Priceline to book the room.

The hotel has mostly been renovated - with still a little more to go. Nice friendly staff, spacious room, quiet and clean.

I didn’t have breakfast in the morning, as it’s not included in the rate, but I don’t eat breakfast anyway so it was no loss to me.

I will be staying here regularly going forward.

Room Tip: Use Priceline to book your room - you can stay for 40% less then any published price.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I chose this Courtyard property in Tupelo b/c it's a Marriott property. I normally stay in their more upscale brands, but since that wasn't available I figured I couldn't go wrong with this. I was right. I had a great stay. I knew ahead of time that this would be a basic, limited service hotel vs. the luxury hotels I prefer. The staff here were friendly, attentive, and helpful. I was chosen as guest of the day so that was a nice surprise at Checkin. Checkin was fast and easy and I was able to quickly get settled in the room and had plenty of time to do some sightseeing even though I arrived late in the afternoon. The hotel was easy to find and in a convienient location for me.
Breakfast was included as part of being guest of the day. It was pretty basic, but adequate w/ waffles, cereal, sausage, bacon and other breakfast items. Just need to add eggs. And do they not offer beverages anymore? I had to order seperately. Restaurant staff were friendly and efficient and I liked that they didn't get impatient or pushy
when I took my time to finish eating before signing the receipt. Checkout was just as quick & easy as check in.
The room was a decent size and appeared to have been renovated recently, the bathroom was spacious which is important to me. Furnishings are not luxurious and neither were the towels or bedding ie small, thin towels but provided w/ enough for my stay. Sheets were not high thread count and felt to me like a cotton/poly blend. The bed and pillows were reasonably comfortable, acceptable to me for this type of hotel. I'm not
complaining, like I said before I was expecting basic Accomodations and
that's what I got. Overall my stay was nice and I would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.
Plenty of restaurants and stores close by.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank emmi16
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Great place to stay with nice rooms, great bedding & very helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple