All reviews front desk eggs bathroom door choice hotels sausage staff was friendly and helpful biscuits the breakfast area hot breakfast long drive next morning breakfast was included furniture market nice stay we've stayed business center happy hour
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

My wife & I have stayed here many times. After one of our 2017 stays, I left a positive review. Unfortunately, it appears that something changed over the past year or so to loosen their previous high standard for property maintenance. What used to be sparkling clean and in perfect repair is now generally looking run-down.
The outside still looks good; thanks to a major remodel done within the past five years.
Our room really needed a new coat of paint. Mold was present on caulk in the shower.
Other than the lobby (which looks good) the other common areas show signs of wear. Hallway carpet is worn with multiple stains. Our chairs in the breakfast area need reupholstering, but he food was as good/better than most.
Overall, this place used to give me the feeling that I was getting a nice place for a good price. Now, with all the signs of deferred maintenance, I feel like the lower price is indicative and appropriate for a lower rate hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on our way down to the Alabama gulf coast. The room was fine for one night. It’s certainly not the newest or cleanest hotel I’ve stayed in but it is not the worst. Mainly, it’s just showing its age with some wear & tear. The walls had scuff marks on them & the shower looked like it had been cleaned but just had some stains that had accumulated over the years. There was some mold in the grout in the shower too, but not bad. Other reviewers complained about the curtains only being sheer, but when you look behind those, there’s a set of thicker ones that block out the light. We were on the second floor and did not experience any issues with noise. The pool area was nice and clean. Breakfast was fine, not huge but my family all found something they liked. There were waffles, eggs, fried potatoes, bacon, & biscuits when we stayed, along with some cereal and pastries.

Overall, it worked just fine for a quick one night stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

When I got to the room I found a damp washcloth hanging over the shower rod, the bottom of the cloth shower curtain liner had mold spots on it. The hairdryer was missing the front guard and was a hazard for adults and children. The mirror was greasy from cleaning spray that had been swiped at but not actually wiped off.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Where do I start? The location was fairly close to the area I was working in, and at check-in things seemed to be rolling smoothly. The desk staff was friendly and helpful suggesting different places for dinner. This review in NO WAY reflects on them.

I made my way to the room and there wasn't an elevator on that end of the hotel. Stairs. OK, no worries. I set up what would be my home base for the next three days putting all my stuff in the appropriate places. I went out for dinner and came back to settle in for the night. As I tried to lock my door I realized the dead bolt wouldn't line up with the frame. I called the front desk and they offered another room or to have maintenance come by the next morning and fix the issue. It was so late that I didn't want to change rooms. I opted for them repairing the door the next day.

So... I tried to get a good night's sleep. That didn't happen, and here's why: They don't have real curtains that cover the windows, just sheer see through translucent window coverings. That would be fine if it wasn't so bright on the outside. It gave you the sensation of being next to the lighting at a high school football game. I did the best I could to get some sleep, but it was frequently interrupted by younger people being loud in the hallway and slamming doors. Later I found out that you have to be just 18 years old to rent a room there, not 21.

The next morning it was time for a shower. I wearily made my way in and closed the sliding glass door. As I did the handle of the inside came off in my hand. I said, "That's it!' I called the front desk and the put me in another room. I was just able to make it to my morning appointment on time. Again, GREAT DESK STAFF.

I came back that evening and settled in to my second room. Things were looking up until I realized I was on the ground floor and I could see people right outside my window while I was changing clothes. Again, NO CURTAINS!!! If I could see them, them they could see me. I had some large paper clamps in my vehicle and was able to pull the side window treatments and pinch them together. I covered the rest of the light gaps with shirts on hangers.

As the next two days went on I noticed my fingertips and toes had a burning sensation. Later my eyes began to do so as well. I travel year round and stay in hotels all the time and have never had this issue. The only thing I can surmise is that the laundry staff uses too much bleach on the sheets. I felt the effects for nearly a week afterwards.

Finally on my last night itching from the bleach, blocking out the light the best way I could while facing away from the window a small strobe light started blinking. It took me a few minutes to realize that it was the smoke detector. I guess the batteries were low or it was having some other malfunction. While standing on the desk chair I took a small towel and covered it. I tried to salvage the rest of my sleep as best I could, but I was pretty much out of time.

If you need a good night's sleep, this isn't the place for you. Again, they have a wonderful staff, but I'd sleep in my car before I stayed here again. The Hampton Inn is only few minutes away. Pay a little more and you'll be a lot happier. I am.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank 860cliffc
Reviewed 23 June 2018

We booked this hotel last minute due to having car troubles while travelling. The room was very cold when entering as AC was set on 54. It was hot so this was good thing for us. Beds were lumpy and wall had damage but overall it was clean with plenty of towels. The breakfast was not good at all. No selection at all but coffee was hot and fresh. It was also loud from the fact you could hear others in other rooms. We needed a place to lay our heads and it worked for that.

Date of stay: June 2018