“Incredible sushi”

Mt. Fuji Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #27 of 224 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

It's crazy. Some of the best sushi you will ever eat is in Tupelo Mississippi. I highly recommend the Spicy Thai Roll if you like Jalapeño and cilantro. Not only is it a work of art, it's so good! The Rainbow Roll, Spider rolls also are wonderful. In fact, everything is fantastic.

The prices aren't going to cramp your budget either.

I met the owner, although at the time I didn't realize it was. He is a humble, hardworking and honest man. Even his employees speak highly of him.

Mt. Fuji is a gift, one you are worthy of.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Great hibachi or at tables. Miso soup is excellent hibachi veggies great! All other foods good too. Offer soy wrap alternative for sushi choices. Service is slow but still good.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Saw restaurant on the way to the hotel. Returned for dinner. Ate at sushi bar...got great recommendations from sushi chef. Super fast service from sushi bar, great tastes/food, great conversation, friendly staff. Cost was good for quality of sushi. Great sushi variety. Would love to return to try hibachi grill service. Great birthday recognition..often, too. The gong was a cool addition to hear and recorded song/music. Atmosphere is very nice. Check it out...you'll be glad you did.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 2 October 2016

We wandered in after a long day of driving. My wife spied it as we looked for the entrance to our hotel so in we went. The atmosphere was quite pleasing, even in the non-hibachi table area. We were too tired to wait for the hibachi experience, so took the table offered. The staff was efficient although our waitress was less than enthusiastic. I guess she was also tired. We each ordered separate meals, the wife a combo and i got the fillet meal. The meals came with soup, rice, noodles, vegetables and meat,as well as two shrimp. This was way too much for two seniors, but was quite tasty. The soup was just okay, but my fillet was excellent, being both tender, cooked correctly, and tasty. My wife's strip steak and shrimp combination also met this description. All of the food was well seasoned, neither too much nor too little. I noticed several parties of people varying is age and style, but all seemed to enjoy their eating experience.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Everyone told me it was to pricy. Well I decided to give it a go. A side table hibachi chicken dinner is no higher price than the competitor down the road but you get twice the amount of food. The best hibachi veggies you'll ever eat. Their ginger salad dressing is the best ever. My new fav for Japanese. Enough for two complete meals they give you so much!

Date of visit: September 2016

Been to Mt. Fuji Japanese Steakhouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK