“Colonnade Hotel terrific hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Colonnade Hotel

Colonnade Hotel
Ranked #22 of 82 Hotels in Boston
Richmond
“Colonnade Hotel terrific hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Great location. Fabulous staff - very professional, helpful and gracious. Didn't expect such lovely, welcoming service in a large, downtown hotel. Will definitely return to the Colonnade Hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Billings, MT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed at the Colonnade Hotel Boston for the Boston Marathon this month. I can honestly say everything about our stay there was great until the last day. Our room was clean and very comfortable. The restaurant in the building was very good and the location was perfect. Here is what ruined our stay: during our stay we purchased some new running shoes and my husband purchased a necklace for me for my birthday (which was also the day of the marathon). I took one pair of running shoes out of the box to try out and noticed the box was gone after the room had been cleaned. Surprised, but oh well (good thing I wanted to keep the shoes). The other thing that was gone was the bag containing my new necklace! We spoke to the hotel desk (whom ever claimed to handle this type of situation) and they stated they would "have the housekeeping manager check into it". They also stated that if the box was empty they would assume it to be trash! Well, first, there are trash cans in the room that we used for our trash...and second, if they thought the bag with my necklace was empty they should have checked first! Never ASSUME something is trash! They assured me they would look through the garbage and get back to us as we were checking out that morning. Needless to say, we have never heard back from the hotel management. My necklace was in a gift bag with tissue paper and still in the box.....hum: I wonder what happened?! Lesson to me: use the safe. I think what really bothers me is that the desk just seemed to shrug it off. I never really felt like they cared. I highly doubt they looked through old trash! We had a great time in Boston and will enjoy going back some day, but it was sad to leave on those circumstances.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Julie B
Dayton OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I was attending a convention in Boston and was disappointed not to get booked into the Sheraton since it is closest to the Convention Center. The housing bureau put me into the Collonade instead. I got lucky.
My wife and I were greeted immediately by Norman, the friendliest and most helpful doorman I have ever met. In fact it is not accurate to call him a doorman. He should be called the Hospitality Minister.
From the first to the last day of our stay, he greeted us every time we came down from our room and when we returned to the hotel. He gave us walking directions, subway directions, and suggestions of another place to eat when we wanted a less expensive breakfast option than the hotel's fine French restaurant Brasserie Jo (which is wonderful).
He has a warm smile and makes you feel like he has known you for years even though you have just met. When I complimented him on making our stay so hospitable, he said "People like you make my job so easy. I love what I do." He also told me that he has won a number of awards and deservedly so.
Thanks, Norman!
By the way, the Collonade is also a fine hotel. It is conveniently located near the T, Prudential Center, and a short walk to the MFA, Library, Copley Place and Symphony Hall. My only complaint is that there is no lobby bar. The bar is in the restaurant and has only a few small tables. I had a large group with me after a convention event and there was nowhere to seat us all. A cozy seating area with comfortable chairs would help this a great deal.
Mike R.

Room Tip: I'd would rather have had a room that looked out to Huntington Ave.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Michael R
Larkspur, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Love love love! From front desk to bell staff top notch. Clean, comfortable (feather bead and pillows. Everyone friendly and welcoming. Close enough to walk downtown. Will stay there next time in Boston.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Recently Went To Colonnade-On-Boston,And Loved it Great Service,Great Room,Helpful Concierges.

Room Tip: Higher floors Are quieter
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family