XV Beacon
US$ 292
US$ 264
  • Breakfast included
1,163 results
All reviewsgas fireplacecar serviceboutique hotelhouse carmoo restaurantfour poster bedbath saltsstudio roomroom servicerain showerrooftop deckcharles streetsmall hotelrestaurant downstairsfour seasonsmini barchocolate covered strawberries
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed at the XV at the beginning of our vacation in October of last year. The bar has now been set! The room was comfy and beautiful, bathroom deluxe, setting unbelievably convenient, helpful but not intrusive staff, room service breakfasts, and a car service to take us almost anywhere we wanted to go! Unfortunately, we compared every other place we stayed on our vacation to the XV and came away with "...well, it's not the XV".

My only comment would be it would have been nice to have access to a cup of coffee, either in the room or the lobby (hey, we're from Seattle!) - still, it was the best place that we have stayed and look forward to visiting there again soon.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth or fifth floor above the entrance. The road is a sleepy two lane but the higher the better because there was street construction going on below. Also, there is a bar across the street that had a lively crowd outside on Saturday night.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy B
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Happy to be so well located and in such a cozy comfortable space. Gracious, accommodating staff.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We've stayed here before and we were once again impressed. We were welcomed warmly and our room was so nicely appointed! We had a corner room with a fireplace. Every detail was considered-comfy robes, toiletries, delicious cookies, exquisite sheets....I could go on and on. The concierge was very helpful. We used the car service a number of times and found it to be extremely convenient. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a warm friendly place in Boston.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed at XV Beacon in early February for business. The hotel is beautiful, very clean and beautifully furnished. I turned my car over upon arriving and did not see it or need it again for three days. The hotel is centrally located for a nice walk (weather was very good for February this year), and the on-call hotel car was an incredible convenience. I visited a family member while in Boston and the driver was extremely courteous and professional and even waited to make sure I was met at my destination prior to leaving. The entire staff displayed excellent customer service skills. Would highly recommend to others.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandyd77
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at the XV Beacon recently and absolutely loved it. We have traveled extensively on business and pleasure and found this hotel to be by far the nicest. The room was very comfortable and had everything we needed. The gas fireplace a great touch. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple