“5* luxury and amazing service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boston Harbor Hotel

Boston Harbor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Boston
London
“5* luxury and amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I've just returned from my first trip to Boston, and stayed at Boston Harbour Hotel on the recommendation of some colleagues.

This hotel definitely lives up to all the glowing reviews. From the moment you arrive, you are treated as a VIP. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff who are polite yet friendly and welcoming. The building is impressive, much more than the standard glass and concrete block. The location could not be better, and my harbour view room was excellent, the view over the bay incredible. Sunrise over the still waters took my breath away.

All the food and drink at the hotel were superb, beautifully presented, but it's true it is a little pricey.

The spa, pool and jacuzzi were lovely, and very quiet during my stay. Cleaniness is clearly a high priority for the spa staff, the whole area was spotless (as is the hotel in general).

The type of service that impressed was when the bell boy who had assisted me on arrival saw me again the next morning, he remembered my name instantly, why I was in Boston, offered some water for my walk and was totally charming. This first class service really sets this hotel apart from the others and would make you always choose this hotel again.

There is a small amount of noise from some of the planes arriving and departing from the airport but you would get that at any Boston hotel, I suspect. Slightly more annoying is that I could hear conversations from everyone who walked past the room door. Late at night, this is intrusive. This is a minor issue though, I've never encountered a hotel where there is not some external noise, but it's the one thing that bugged me during my stay.

If you want a 5* hotel with amazing service in a stunning location, then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Request, no, insist a harbour view room !
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LindaPepper
TheBostonHarborHotel, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Knowing that your accommodations and our staff made your stay 5-star worthy makes us very happy. The Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf is positioned just perfectly on the scenic Boston waterfront giving our guests the pleasure of enjoying beautiful views and vibrant city life. Our staff is committed to providing attentive service to all of our guests, and we’re absolutely please that their efforts were so generously acknowledged in your review. We can’t wait to welcome you back for another exceptional stay and please thank your colleagues for their recommendation.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Korean first
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012 via mobile

This was our third time staying at the boston harbor hotel. It is as good now as it was the first time we were there.  We were there during the Boston Marathon. The staff is very attentive to alll of our needs.  The hotel is clean and  well maintained.  The spa area is outstanding, the pool and jacuzzi are second to none.  The work outroom is large and full of the most up to date equipment.  The locations is good because it's close to the "T", good restaurants, Faneuil Hall, and the harbor.

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank marathonman33
We’re delighted that your recent stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf exceeded your expectations and made for your time spent at the Boston Marathon even more enjoyable. Congratulations to all who participated and we hope Heartbreak Hill wasn’t too hard on them! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I must admit that I didnt know a lot about this hotel when I booked my stay but wow was I pleasantly surprized. I cant imagine better service at the Ritz, I have stayed at the Four Seaons and the Boston Harbor Hotel made me feel way more welcome.

My room was gorgeous, the view I had was immaculate and everything I needed was a phone call away. I may have found my new Boston Hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pickles44
TheBostonHarborHotel, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Knowing that the experience that was created for you at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf has inspired you to return makes us very happy. It is our goal to create a comfortable and exceedingly enjoyable stay for each and every one of our guests, and it seems we met that goal with you. Please hurry back and stay with us soon.
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,113 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We were at the Hay Adams (opposite the White House), followed by the Ritz Carlton in Central Park, NYC (both superb hotels) immediately prior to arriving at the Boston Harbour, which I really didn't expect would compare with our previous American hotels on this trip. I had done a late switch from the Boston W, as I wanted a sea view and a friend told me I'd hate the trendy bathrooms at the W. This hotel has been the surprise of our trip. If you are reading this, you are most likely wondering where to stay in Boston. Look no further. The Boston Harbour is way ahead of the curve and to such a degree that I'm seriously impressed. The clientele seems circa 70% relaxed businessmen and 30% tourists. As always, it's only when the staff at a hotel work as a superbly well co-ordinated team that something really special emerges. At the Boston Harbour the service, the efficiency, the care to detail and the total competence makes it a pleasure to be a guest. Examples: I told the hotel that one of my daughters is coeliac. Nobody on the property had to be told a second time....it was sorted.....and they deliver gluten free homemade miniature cakes every evening. We needed extra hangers....the fast-dial button for housekeeping didn't work on one of our three telephones and so I called the concierge with my request for hangers.....I later noticed that they replaced the telephone with a brand new one. Everyone is immaculately turned out, especially the housekeeping staff who are also spot-on with every request and quick. The Concierge Desk is firing on all cylinders. Ronnie Lamming, one of the concierges, is the best I've encountered anywhere in the world, since I stayed at The Setai in Miami two years ago where they also have a fantastic concierge service. It was a joy to discuss Boston with Ronnie, given it was our first visit to the city. I have a love/hate relationship with concierges.....e.g. I detest them at Trump and I'm appalled by the mafia-like activities at some other hotels. Few are perfect. Here, the Concierge desk is state of the art and will greatly enhance any visit. All their advice has been good. They also got us best seats for the opening of Riverdance at the Opera House and Red Sox tickets for the first game of the 100th season, both last minute. From the reception, to the door team, housekeeping, restaurant staff, concierge....it's impressively together. I tend to post on Tripadviser when somewhere is terrible or very good. The Boston Harbour is absolutely first class. Too many top hotels have beds that need replacing....not here. Pillows are also high quality. Rooms are very well fitted out. However what makes this hotel extra special are the huge windows overlooking the harbour. If in Boston on business, why stay down anywhere else when you can have a full-on harbour view and feel like you are on vacation. Similarly the view from breakfast restaurant makes a great start to the day....as do the breakfasts. From perfect freshly squeezed orange juice to the Pellegrino house water, it's very good. One day I wanted a bagel with lox (smoked salmon). Our waiter, a smiling lady called Susan asked me what type of bagel, they have them all. I then asked if they has Low Fat cream cheese. They did. I then wondered if by any chance they had low fat cream cheese with chives? Susan went off and brought it, having chopped up the chives and mixed them in herself. I'm not a VIP guest, they don't know me from Adam, this is the standard of treatment everyone receives here. The gym/pool is also first rate. As I'm travelling with two young daughters, I love the fact that they have times when children cannot use the pool. That way, adult guests can hardly complain when children make a little noise. The leisure facilities and staff are lovely. The shower works well. As does everything else in our accomodation. So it should, you may say. That is not the reality. At Sandy Lane, Barbados, one of the leading hotels in the world, room equipment has been a constant, ongoing irritation. After 8 stays over the past 4 years and after paying them a fortune for the privilege, I won't return. I will return to Boston and I will 100% certainly return to the Boston Harbour hotel. It is exceptional value for money, unlike Sandy Lane. Given how easy it is to get around Boston, why stay anywhere else? Finally the bell desk (as good as it gets) also double at driving guests about in the hotel sedan. One night I was embarrassed as I kept the car waiting 20 minutes beyond pick-up time following a superb dining experience at the plush 2nd floor restaurant in the Legal Sea Foods building....another terrific concierge recommendation. I would have been on time but for an exceptional experience there.....but that's for another review....but do also go dine there. We love Boston. It's so good when expectations are dwarfed by the reality. PS the free wi-fi is very fast and works everywhere

• Stayed April 2012
11 Thank BarryAscot
It is certainly one thing when a guest lets us know that they enjoyed their stay, but hearing from you and learning about so many of the wonderful attributes of the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf that made your stay enjoyable has truly made our day! We are exceedingly pleased to learn that you found an appreciation for the beautiful views of Boston Harbor and enjoyed the attentive service from our dedicated staff. Thank you for your generous acknowledgement of our staff and accommodations and we will be sure to pass your many kind comments along to everyone. Your review was delightful to read and we absolutely look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the Boston area.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Spent 4 nights here. The Hotel is nice, what I would call typically American - big and solid but not a lot of style. The staff were all very responsive and helpful.

Given the location of the hotel, I was impressed at how really quiet the bedrooms are. You can hear a pin drop with no outside noise coming in.

So good all round, better than your average US business chain hotel, but not astounding.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Acwtall
It was our pleasure to welcome you as a guest at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf. While we’re thrilled to read that your accommodations and staff made your stay enjoyable, it’s disappointing to learn you were not fully impressed all around. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future and hope you will let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable. Thank you for your review.