“Very good hotel, clean room, good localization”
Review of Chandler Inn

Chandler Inn
Ranked #67 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Campinas, Brazil
“Very good hotel, clean room, good localization”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Very good place to stay, near of everything. The room is very clean and so the shower.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 March 2012

A friend and I stayed here one night while attending a convention. It was by far the cheapest around and in an amazing location....a quick walk to Back Bay T stop, a quick taxi to anywhere, a quick walk to the theater district. Even though the price was low, the rooms were very modern and clean, with a nice updated bathroom. The staff was extremely helpful, especially when we had to cancel our 2nd night due to the blackout. They were extremely understanding of the late cancellation and didn't charge any hidden fees, which will definitely cause me to return again and again for a night in the city!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank shontell39
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I'M SO GLAD I FOUND YOU ON TA!
I've been wanting to take my 13yo to Boston for years but hotel prices are always high. Then, I noticed the $99 special for the Chandler Inn on TA Boston Hotels. It seemed at first like an inconvenient location (most people stay downtown, near the water, in Back Bay or Copley Square) but using Google maps, I found that it's only 2 blocks from the Back Bay station and there's a bus stop right around the corner. Little did I know how lucky we were...
We arrived at 2pm and were warmly greeted by Gretchen Chauncey. I didn't realize that she was the General Manager. I noticed the TA certificate proudly displayed on the check-in counter and asked her if she would like a TA decal for the front window (she said, 'Yes, please!'). Although we were early, our room was ready for us and Gretchen noted that I had requested a higher floor (to avoid noise from the bar downstairs).
The room was a bit small but very clean, with a nice bathroom and comfy beds. For that price, I think it was a great deal.
As soon as we had dropped our bags, we headed out to Tremont Street for lunch. It's only 3-4 blocks away. What a great area for shopping and dining! Over the course of our 3-day visit, we ate at B&G Oyster Bar, Sibling Rivalry and the South End Buttery. It was so easy to walk to the restaurants and back. Having a 7-11 convenience around the corner was very nice too.
While we were in town, an electric company transformer caught on fire and caused a widespread blackout in Back Bay. We were riding the metro at the time when we heard the news. Exiting the Back Bay metro station, the streets were pitch black. Residents were standing out on the street, talking about the power outage and sharing flashlights. We didn't realize how serious it was at the time. We made our way towards the hotel in the dark, using the dim light from my iPhone.
Half a block away, like a beacon in the night (sorry for the cliche), Chandler Inn's lights were particularly bright! Lucky us -- the hotel was on a different electric grid and it had power. A whole 2 days later, I learned that the guests in the big and expensive Back Bay hotels had had to evacuate. No electricity and no hot water. I'm sure glad we were at the Chandler Inn. It felt like a home away from home. The front desk staff was always friendly and helpful, like family.

Room Tip: Ask in advance for a higher floor. There's a bar on the street level and it could get noisy on t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gigis_mum
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Chander Inn for a long weekend recently. The front desk staff was very nice and happy to help. They were always up for a little chat when we came in late at night as well. :) The inn is easy to get to from the metro and within walking distance of nearly anything you might want to see during your stay (although we did take the T a couple of times). The theater district is only a few blocks away and we had a plenty of wonderful restaurants to choose from for dinner each night. The neighborhood feels very safe, even at night and is clean and well kept.

The rooms are small, but sufficient for the needs of a couple. They would most likely be too small for anyone traveling with children. The walls were a little thin, so there was a good bit of noise from the hallway mostly, as well as little from neighboring rooms. We were on the top floor, so I can't say if the noise from upper rooms would be intrusive. Overall, a wonderful place to stay for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 2nd floor as the bar downstairs seems a little noisy. Also if you can get...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patraveler38
Seattle
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have stayed at the Chandler Inn numerous times. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the Back Bay station. I experienced a pleasant check in experience. The staff was friendly offering a map of the area and greeting me throughout my stay. I wish the restaurant located in the hotel was open for breakfast during the week. The rooms while not large were updated and clean. Mine did not have a closet to hang clothes but I didn't mind. The bathroom had a walk in shower and quality tolietries were provided. I give the hotel 5 stars in every category.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo