“A true gem in the middle of Downtown Crossing”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
RelaxSation Massage Therapy
Ranked #5 of 38 Spas & Wellness in Boston
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I love this place! I always see Ping for my gel manicures, she has the magic touch, they last forever. I’ve also had the chair massage , when I’m short on time but need a treat. Winnie , the manager, couldn’t be nicer , and the place is clean and inviting.
I highly recommend RelaxSation.

1  Thank Otisbelly
"therapist"
in 4 reviews
"session"

Reviewed 24 December 2017

My overall experience at RelaxSation Massage Therapy was awesome. After completing the Spartan Race, my forearms and quads became so stiff that I could not lift my arms above my shoulders without feeling very sore and I had to walk down a flight of stairs very slowly. The next day my sister recommended me to go Relaxsation Massage Therapy while visiting Boston. So, I came in as a walk-in on a weekday. The staff was very courteous and the wait was not long. I was paired with Vivian who performed a 90 minute deep tissue massage session. Vivian is such a professional and excellent at tuning in to me and really delivering the right pressure to treat my area of soreness. At the end of the massage, my arms and quads were still sore but I regained full range of motion with much less soreness than when I showed up. I'm very thankful for her treating and making me a healthier and better person on that visit. I definitely will come back again.

1  Thank Cyrus L
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Today I had a memorable and beneficial 30mn deep massage by Anne who put all her energy into unknotting my tightened shoulders and neck muscles. An amazing overall experience and a great team of professionals who have my friend and I a manicure, pedicure and massage. Brilliant! Thanks so much!

2  Thank jcadmaz
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Highly recommend this place for a good massage. It's easy to schedule appointments over Yelp without having to talk on the phone. Google Maps guided me to a parking garage under the Hyatt. That is not the correct street. I was able to find it with CityMapper. I called and the person who answered the phone was polite and helpful.

When I arrived, no one mentioned that I was late. They asked about the problems navigating and wanted details because they are trying to work on the Google Maps directions to the place. They have everyone pre-pay but they do accept credit cards for the price of the service. They gave me paperwork to fill out (have you had joint surgery? etc.), told me the name of my massage therapist, and told me to speak up if I needed a change in pressure.

I was guided back to the massage room and offered a bathroom break. The massage itself was excellent. Vivian was extremely thorough and checked in with me frequently to make sure the pressure was alright. I also liked that she gave me feedback periodically so that I could get to know my body better.

Things to know:
- The massage was relaxing, but more for how I feel now that it's over. Parts of it were painful, similar to foam rolling.
- The awkward dynamic that there sometimes is when getting a service like this was completely absent. I felt very comfortable talking or not talking with Vivian.
- Wear stretchy underwear because there's a glute massage and she uses your underpants to drape.
- Bring cash for a tip - you can't tip on credit card.
- Vivian is very adaptable. I asked for lighter pressure the second time I went and found it perfect for me. I recommend asking for light pressure if this is your first massage here.

4  Thank Amy B
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I get regular massages from a place at home but after having sciatica issues, my friends from the area recommended making an appointment with Vivian for a deep tissue massage. I was nervous about the appointment because I've heard that deep tissue massages are painful and it's no joke but it was worth every penny. Vivian was able to target problem areas and remedy the radiating pain almost instantly. She instructed me to lay off certain movements and made suggestions for stretching to help alleviate the pain. I still rave about Vivian to my family and friends - I would highly recommend her and will most definitely return the next time I'm in the area!

1  Thank Candace L