“Great alternative to Boston's pricey hotels”

The Boston Christopher
Ranked #20 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
Oakville, Canada
“Great alternative to Boston's pricey hotels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stay dates: May 14 - 18, 2012
Minutes from Airport: Approx. 25min in traffic, cost $30 with tip
Check in and Unit Condition: Access code sent by email, entrance way was well lit with instructions on how to use the key pad. I arrived in the dark. I was in unit #2. Had to walk up one flight of stairs. There were 2 other units on my floor (#1 & #3)
Unit #2: Key pad entry to unit. Unit was clean and smelled nice. Larger than I thought it was going to be. It had nice high ceilings. This unit could not be individually adjusted for temperature. There was a ceiling fan and small portable fan. Window opened but was not screened. From bedroom you could access a small rooftop sitting area shared with unit #3. You could access the very top rooftop sitting area with BBQ. Beautiful view. Slept well most nights. Bed was fairly comfortable. Very little noise from street as this unit did not face the street like unit #1. Person staying in Unit #3 had their t.v. on a little too loud the first night. They checked out the next day and I did not here the new tenant's t.v. There are a lot of noises as to be expected in an old building. Creaking water pipes, floors etc. Again, this did not keep me awake. I was up early and left by 7:30am most days, came back at noon for lunch. Left again for conference, returning after 5:30pm. Did not spend a lot of time in the Unit. Internet access was great although at times when I was using Skype to talk to my children it was too slow for the video feed.
Surrounding area: Liquor store and 2 restaurants directly adjacent. Across the street was a convenience store. The surrounding area is beautiful and I enjoyed my walk to the Fairmont Copley Plaza for the conference. It took less than 10minutes. W. Newton, across the street took you to the Prudential Shopping Plaza, past St. Botolph Inn. The Hynes Convention Center could be accessed through this shopping center.
Conclusion: Would definitely stay in this unit again and recommend it to my friends. The hotels nearby are so expensive. By staying here I easily saved over $100/night. A few cons: Bath tub needs re-caulking and could have used some coat hooks at entrance way.

Room Tip: I would recommend unit 2 as it did not face the street like unit 1. Unit 2 also had direct access t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
wrexham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights over the st patricks weekend. We chose the studio apartment and got this for 89 dollars a night. You pay 50percent of your total stay when you book this apartment and the rest two weeks before you arrive. When we paid the final amount you receive the main door entrance codes and your room number with another entrance code.
From the airport you get on the courtesy bus to the blue line station( cost 2dollars each) and you transfer to the orange line at state street station and get off at Back bay station. It is then about a 5minute walk from the station to the apartment. It is 2 minutes walk from the prudental centre. Next door to the apartment is a wine shop and a restaurant. Opposite is a mini supermarket and dry cleaners. Also down the road is charlies sandwich shop and a few little restaurants. It is in a great location and walkable to newbury steet, waterfront,quincy market etc.

We were apartment number 6, on the 2nd floor(no lift). Double bed, shower and sink, toaster mini oven, 2 ring hob, kettle,coffee machine, 2 fridge freezers, cockscrews, utensils,plates,pans, iron,hairdryer,ironing board,spare quilts + pillows, 42 inch tv with cable and a mini snack basket( don't expect loads). It was all in clean condition.

There is a brillant roof top terrace with tables,chairs and a bbq. The views were lovely. There is a laundry in the basement and free wifi(perfect to find places to go and maps).

I would recommend it to anyone and felt safe at all times. Felt like I had my very own apartment and we loved it!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank flick86
West Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

Excellent location for us to stay. Sadly we booked this room for just 3 days not knowing if we were defintely flying over to Boston which if we did would have been for 7 nights.
Room was right at the top and at the front. Well worth the price compared to hotel room rates for the inner city hotels.
Rooms are quite spacious, nice furniture and clean. Made good use of the free wireless internet. There is little noise from the main road below. It could do with an elevator aswell !
For the last 4 days we had to move out as the room was booked but the management of the Boston Christopher had an apartment spare but only a two bed apartment in Brecon Rd. Sadly that's where we didnt enjoy the rooms....

Room Tip: rooms at the front had a view if you were on the 3rd floor. Be prepared for a hard drag getting the...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stuinwales
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I went to visit friends who live right next door on Columbus, so the location could not have been any better. I was by myself in the studio, I had more than enough room and the place felt spacious and light. There is a fully fitted kitchen area, with large fridge, oven, etc. However, I recommend exploring the many cafes and restaurants that are in the area. I ended up not using the kitchen at all. The studio was very modern, stylish and comfortable. I really do not see the need for a hotel when you can stay at The Boston Christopher. The next time I visit my friends in Boston, I will not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: There are 3 apartments on each floor, so if you do not want to climb the stairs, ask for the lower n...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

I love this place tremendously. I have stayed there before and the price was more than great especially for such a modern studio. They were able to accommodate at the last minute and I was in a great studio for the night. I would definitely recommend visiting a nearby restaurant called Sorellina which was mentioned in one of their concierge type books it is fantastic!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo