InterContinental Boston
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Boston Harbor Hotel(Boston)
  • Room Service
YOTEL Boston(Boston)
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
4,793 results
All reviewssouth stationfire stationsoaking tubthe club loungeseparate showerwater viewchildren's museumthe financial districtbeautiful hotelroom servicethe north endcity viewquincy marketconcierge deskmini barfaneuil hallwater taxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our family of four stayed at this hotel for four nights in a two queen water-view room. No question, this is a first-class hotel with great service from check-in to check-out. The concierge was especially helpful and made dinner recommendations / reservations for us at a great Italian restaurant in the North End (Bacco's).

The hotel itself (and room) was very clean and well-maintained. Beds were not exactly to our liking but still comfortable. Our family enjoyed the large bathroom with walk-in shower. The only complaint is room service did not replace toilet paper and soap during a room cleaning which resulted in a minor inconvenience!

Breakfast served in the hotel restaurant (Miel) is excellent but a bit pricey for four.

The hotel is a 15 minute walk to the Aquarium and 10 minute walk to South Station and the T...excellent location. If you're driving into the city, it's also very easy to get to with exits to/from I-90 & I-93 within a couple blocks.

Room Tip: For better water views, request a room on the southern side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank misterSman
InterConBos, Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear misterSman,

Thank you for your detailed review! I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Whether you want to experience a traditional tour, or be in-the-know on local happenings and hang outs, our concierge team is the best resource around. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the toiletries. I shared your valuable feedback with our housekeeping department to coach the team and ensure this kind of situation does not happen again. We thoroughly enjoyed taking care of you and your family. We hope you will visit Boston with us again!

Well Wishes,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A colleague and I just returned from a 4 night/5 day business trip to Boston where we stayed at the beautiful InterContinental Boston Hotel at 510 Atlantic Ave.

The location is wonderful, within easy walking distance to restaurants, attractions, shops, office buildings, subway stops -- really, you can walk to just about anywhere from the hotel. If you don't want to walk (which is weird, everyone in Boston walks!), the hotel has a car service for a very reasonable charge. We took advantage of the car service a few times and found the drivers to be friendly, knowledgeable and with excellent driving skills.

As an IHG Rewards Club member, I received an upgrade to my room at check-in as well as free Internet access. I booked my room directly on the IHG website and went in for a Club Level room. I cannot stress strongly enough that you should take advantage of a Club Level room!! My room was on the 12th floor (top floor), just a few doors down from the Club Room. Each morning the Club Room offered a full breakfast (scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, homemade oatmeal, yogurts, cheeses, cereals, assorted pastries and breads, etc.) along with fresh squeezed juices, milk, coffee, tea, etc. And each night from 5-7pm, the Club Room provided appetizers (such as shrimp tempura and mini beef wellingtons), salad, cheese & crackers, and a nice selection of wines (red, white, sparkling) to guests with Club Room privileges. In addition to the morning breakfast / evening cocktails, the Club Room offers a large variety of non-alcoholic beverages (including a machine for lattes and cappuccinos) and snacks (such as nuts, cookies, popcorn, etc.) all day long. Muhammed and his staff are hardworking, helpful and proficient at making guests feel special. This was a great place for my colleague and me to meet before heading off on our day and also grab a glass of Prosecco before our dinner reservations. While our stay at the hotel was Sunday through Thursday, the front desk agent urged us to return over a weekend. She said the food served in the Club Room on weekends was lavish and comparable to a fine dining restaurant brunch.

My room (#1255) was one of the quietest hotel rooms I've ever known! A short walk from the elevators, the ice machine and the Club Room but I never heard a sound from outside my room. Housekeeping kept my room spotless. It was wonderful to come back after a long day of meetings to find my room clean, towels freshened and amenities restocked. Coming back after dinner was equally nice -- the curtains were drawn, bed turned down, chocolate on the pillow. I also left a written request for more creamers with the in-room coffee maker and they left more than I had asked for and continued to do so each day of my stay.

I frequently have a hard time with hotel beds (too soft, too hard, flat pillows, ugh!) but the bed at the InterContinental Boston was wonderful! Just the right firmness and with nice, fluffy pillows! I slept straight through to my wakeup call. Oh, a quick note to the hotel -- the recorded wakeup call included the Boston weather forecast. I was alarmed to hear that snow, sleet and freezing temps were in store (the TV news had promised a mild, Spring day). Upon listening to the recording again, I heard that the weather was for a day last week when Boston was indeed hit with a snow storm. This wasn't an issue for me, there are plenty of ways to find the day's forecast (local morning TV, radio, look out the window), but you might want to check if your recording is stuck.

I would not hesitate to highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Boston. And please book a room on the Club Level – you won’t regret it!

Room Tip: Seriously, get a Club Level room! It pays for itself!!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Debbie K
InterConBos, Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Debbie K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your stay! I'm thrilled you enjoyed your time at InterContinental Boston. It appears you made the most of our amenities and services during your business trip. As you are already aware, we help you rest well and fuel up to focus and work hard. But should you decide to return for a weekend stay, you’ll soon realize we are quick to help you balance and rejuvenate just as much. I hope we have the opportunity to help you plan a relaxing getaway you will never forget.

Cheers,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We just got back from a two night family weekend, celebrating my wife’s birthday. Beautiful hotel with a great location. Upon check in we were greeted by a very nice bell staff that helped us with our bags after a long drive from Jersey. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice but seemed to be new or lack knowledge of the rooms or any upgrades to entice me with. I did have to ask for info on the club access that we spoke shortly about. He said he did he upgrade us because of my IHG status to a city high floor view that found out while checking out that I was charged 21.00 per night extra for a view that was good, not great. Besides the lack of information with check in, only issue I could fault them on was that we did specify upon booking and check in that we were celebrating a birthday and I did find it unusual that the hotel DID NOT recognize it during our stay. Otherwise the rooms are clean and updated, with large soaker tubs and walk in showers in a large bathroom. The double queen bedroom is on a smaller side with a large desk and one side chair. The room lacked a table to enjoy in room dining so we used the desk and the desk chair to sit and eat. The bar area and restaurants are very nice and we did use the Rumba bar quite often during our stay. Our bartender Jay was a great guy and we enjoyed chatting with him as he gave us info on the city. The concierge was helpful with restaurant reservations and confirmed all our dinner arrangements for us. We did get a good price on the room but the prices of food and drinks are expensive in this hotel as is all of Boston. I would most likely recommend this hotel to others but I feel management should do a better job to inform the desk staff to be a little more informative about the rooms and upgrades available to people checking in. Also if they recognize special occasions it go a long way with future stays.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear MCIFARETTO,

I truly appreciate your detailed feedback regarding your stay! I’m glad you were able to enjoy the charming nature of our team members, and the inviting atmosphere of the property. I have shared your experience with our front office team to make them aware of the impact lack of communication can have on the guest experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for not rising above your expectations to make your wife’s birthday memorable. This is not the standard. I hope we will have an opportunity to make it up to you. Please contact me at Lisa.Ares@ihg.com before your next visit so I may arrange for a more personal apology.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in (3 of us) for coffee and sodas, Sunday afternoon. Barman takes order, says drinks will be sent to table (about 15 feet away, in his sightline) then spends next 15 minutes talking to customer at bar. Manager and waitress express surprise when we complained. We won't be back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear doc-ireland,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the service delay you experienced on our property. Rest assured this is not the standard of service we expect of our team members. I appreciate your feedback, which allows me to follow-up with the Restaurant Manager to ensure this behavior is not repeated. You are a valued customer. I hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Please contact me at Lisa.Ares@ihg.com before your next visit so I may arrange for a more personal apology. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First visit in several years to this hotel. Stayed here when visiting our Boston office for a meeting. Check-in was a bit time consuming - long line - but they brought out extra staff to assist.

Hotel room was clean and very spacious. I had a king bed room. Bathroom had both a shower and a Tub that was deep enough for a long soak (if you have time).

Turn down service is offered at night but be warned if you didn’t have them clean your room during the day they do so during turndown service. Not very green but not a huge issue.

Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Anita P

Dear Anita P,

Thank you for your kind words! I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay at InterContinental Boston. We agree that green practices are very important. In fact, our team only changes linen for guests staying multiple nights when a green card is placed on the bed. They are highly skilled to apply turndown in a way that allows a luxurious feel for our guests, while minimizing environmental impact. This is only one of numerous green policies and initiatives we have instilled, but we are open to hearing more ideas from thoughtful guests such as you. Please don’t hesitate to reach me at Lisa.Ares@ihg.com should you be interested in sharing more details. We hope to see you again, soon!