“Very Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My friend and I stayed here last year for 2 nights. We got a great last minute deal on Travelocity. Our room was a standard room and was a very good size, nicely decorated, great view of harbor and spotless. The bathroom was huge for a standard size room and had a very large shower and separate tub that I wish I used after I returned to my standard issue 5' tub in NYC. The staff were friendly, professional and helpful. This hotel has a very large gym. I had a massage at the spa which was just so-so. A lot of other reviewers thought the hotel was in a good location, but it's right on a parkway in the business district so the area lacks the charm found in older Boston areas. It's a great location for business travelers, naturally. I would stay here again if I got another price deal, but I'd prefer a hotel with some NE charm.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank italymania
ICBoston, Hotel Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
We always love to hear from a guest who has had a positive experience and will be sure to share your comments with our staff. It is great that you were pleased with the size of your room and bathroom in addition to the service we provided. As you experienced, we do offer one of the most generous sized standard hotel rooms in Boston at approximately 430 sq. ft. From location to service, the InterContinental Boston team understands the importance of both. Our staff works very hard to make each guest’s experience memorable and to exceed their expectations. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will welcome you back in the future.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (895)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I spent one night at the Intercontinental, which was good enough for a business stay. This is a very large convention hotel and when I checked in the huge lobby was packed with people and very noisy. My room wasn't ready at 2:50pm, so I explored the neighborhood, which is not interesting, for about 30 minutes.

When I first checked in I could hear the guests in the room next to me and some traffic noise, but it was quiet in the evening when I went to sleep. The A/C was loud so I turned it off. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was pretty poor.

The view was not interesting - I'd asked for a harbor view not expecting to get one because I booked last minute. So, when I was told at check-in that I had a view, I was pleased - until I saw the view - which was of the other tower and if I stood at the window (which had a desk in front of it) and looked at the correct angle, I could see the view.

The spa is average and I could have done without the sales pitch from the massage therapist for a product he was clearly trying to sell. The breakfast is overpriced and average. The hotel is only 15" from the airport, which is nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a full view of the harbor and clarify that you do not want to face another tower.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us at InterContinental Boston and reviewing our property. With the financial district right at our doorstep we try to make our facilities and services accommodating to the busy day of our business travelers, while creating an escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. At our hotel, we understand that a hotel room is both a place for unwinding and working. Ergonomic design allows guests to be as productive as they would be in their own office, with a desk area engineered to maximize work space, wireless high-speed internet and modern lamps that light your space effectively. We apologize that you found certain aspects of our hotel mediocre and we hope that you will give us a chance to truly ‘wow’ you upon your next visit to Boston.
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Thanks to all the staff and the concierge justin for his excellant work with helping me with the best restaurants and things to do in boston and i would like to thank chris the manager for all his good work keep it up!! I might be cominog back in the last week of July or the first week of August! Cant wait to go back thanks intercontinental!!

Room Tip: The Club Level is the best believe me!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
We appreciate you sharing your experience at our hotel and will be sure to share your praise with our staff. At InterContinental Boston, we aim to provide unforgettable personalized service and we are so pleased that Justin and Chris were able to provide you with that. Our concierge team strive to constantly be In the Know on Boston to provide our guests with the best insider recommendations so when you return in July or August be sure to stop by the concierge again for new tips on exploring our city. We look forward to welcoming you back this summer!
Laughton
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Wonderful place for a conference, rooms are superb, food in all the restaurants great. Location wonderful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank LaughtonFamily
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is delightful to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. Location is one of the main reasons visitors choose to stay with us. We are within walking distance to famous Boston attractions such as Faneuil Hall and the North End. Not only are we close to the subway, but during the warmer months, the water taxi is a fantastic way of transportation to and from the airport that many guests do not know about. With a dock right behind our hotel, the water taxi also allows you to explore the waterfront area and taxi from wharf to wharf. It is wonderful to hear from guests who truly enjoyed their stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The hotel is very nice.
Price-
The regular price is a bit high. We booked it through hotwire with discounted price that I think it is fair. I noticed there were more business travelers in the hotel. Perhaps the companies can afford the regular price.
Room-
The room is large and modernly decorated.
Location-
We took the silver line #1 from the airport to south station, then walked about 5 min to arrive to the hotel. There are many restaurants in the area especially it is only 10 min walk to the Faneuil Hall. It is easy to take Metro to go to other parts of the town.
Staff-
The hotel staff was very friendly.

Overall it was a good 3 nights stay. I would definitely recommend the hotel to any business travelers. It was our personal vacation that I felt underdressed in the hotel while surrounded by dressed up businessmen.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jon W
ICBoston, Hotel Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable overall stay at our property. We appreciate you sharing your experience l and we are glad that you were pleased with the size of your room and bathroom. As you experienced, we do offer one of the most generous sized standard hotel rooms in Boston at approximately 430 sq. ft.! Service and location are two aspects we take pride in and it is great you enjoyed both of these. Several sites unique to Boston, such as Faneuil Hall and the New England Aquarium, are just short walking distances away. Next time you visit be sure to stop by our concierge desk for all the in the know tips on Boston’s attractions. Thank you again for posting your review and we hope you will visit us again soon.