New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #38 of 82 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City
“Perfect for Boston Convention & Exhibition Center visitors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel is adjoined to the convention center, making it super easy to go back and forth between your convention and the hotel. The hotel itself is very clean, the service is lovely. The bar, Starbucks, and convenience shop in lobby are all great for grabbing what you need on the go. My only complaint was that it cost over $30 a night just to park at the hotel's garage.

1 Thank Serenity373737
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for posting your review. We do appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed at the Westin Boston waterfront recently for a company conference. Very good and extensive conference facilities. Rooms pretty standard but spacious and comfortable.
Nice gym and pool facilities. Great location. Convenient to city center and also easy access to airport.

Denton, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Staff was mostly friendly and helpful but not up to what you think of as Westin standards. Exception was the maid and the room service waiter, both very, very helpful. Oddly noticeable was when passing staff in the lobby or surrounding areas, they did not acknowledge guests at all. A minor point but again, not expected at a Westin.

Location perfect if you are a convention goer but lousy for tourists as it is a mile before you get to anything to see or do.

O'Connors and Saucity food is fine but staff is not great. I got the feeling I was bothering the hostess at O'Connors by needing a reservation, and she seemed to not understand there was a large meeting letting out at lunchtime.

Rooms are standard but no fan in the bathroom and not much in the way of toilitries. I asked for a room with a view and was told yes, I would see the city from my window. I do - way past the roof of the convention center, which is my main view.

Low rating really has more to do with the internet. If lower priced hotels can offer free internet in the room, Westin can too. And if I'm going to pay for it, or have it provided free in the lobby, then i expect it to work continuously. I could not connect for up to an hour at a time, several diffrent instances throughtout the day. The concierge said she was not surprised by that, and gave me the number for the help desk. Luckily a guest in the lobby told me the City Bar connection was best.

I've traveled to various conferences for 12 years, and always look forward to staying at a Westin but this one was really a disappointment.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Boston.
Waterford, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

This hoteL was clean, upscale, and had a nice lobby area. The room was spacious and clean. The only negative was that the noise from other room doors opening and closing was quite loud and disturbing to a light sleeper like me. The television didn't work and someone brought a new one right up after calling. The walk to Quincy Market and the aquarium is about 15 minutes but easy to find. The pool area was clean.

Room Tip: ask for a water view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Sturgeon Bay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed at the Westin "waterfront" in Boston in April 2012. For a hotel in this price range, I don't believe I've recieved less for my money. Huge embarassing failure would be an accurate description of this hotel in my opinion.

Lets begin with their deceptive title of "waterfront". Don't waste your time looking for this hotel near any waterfront. Start your search inland a few blocks. Don't hold out hope for any sort of waterview either.

The service from the front desk was terrible. We had difficulties checking in at the beginning as the front desk didn't my wife and I reserving the same dates that our email confirmed. Our room keys repeatedly failed, and if that wasn't frustrating enough, each time we went back to the front desk to politely ask for a re-key, we recieved a 5 minute lecture about we shouldn't store our key next to our magnets and cell phones as if I haven' stayed in a hotel prior to this business trip. On one event, the staff even refused to let me back in to the room after my room key failed for the second time. They claimed to not have my name in the computer, disregarding the fact that I had already recieved a new room key after the first one stopped working, and had provided them my name upon check in. The only options they presented to me were finding my wife somewhere out on the town because they claimed to only have her name, or wait in the lobby all day for her to return. What a joke. To me, this exhibited the problem solving abilities of the average 4th grade student.

Internet? Yes, internet like it's 1999. Stand around in he crowded noisy lobby with every other grumpy, dissapointed visitor that paid way too much money for a hotel room without internet. But after all, it's only 2012 and internet is still a pretty new fad. The excitement will likely pass in time.

Couple these issues with the fact that the rooms offer less than a standard economy motel, and you've got a really efficient way of wasting your earnings. Save yourself a headache and if you're going to drop $200+ on a hotel room, stay in a place that is actually waterfront, or has competent, trained staff, or provides those fancy luxuries like internet access.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
5 Thank Tony K
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was disappointed to read your comments and I'm terribly sorry we did not meet your expectations. I hope you with give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and consider staying with us in the future. We would appreciate the opportunity to provide a more enjoyable stay for your next visit.