Hotel 140
US$ 524
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
2,215 results
All reviewscopley squaregreat locationback bay stationflour bakeryrooms are smallorange linewithin walking distancestay there againtrinity churchboylston streetparking garagesubway stationcoffee makersouth endnewbury stfew blocksvisiting boston
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I was only in Boston 1 night and this hotel was in a perfect location for me. It is right off the Mass Turn Pike and easy to get to. The staff was friendly and very helpful when needed. The room was a little small but we didn't spend much time there anyways. My only complaint would be that the walls are paper thin. We heard the people in the room next door get up and out early the next morning and could very clearly hear the traffic on the street below. Overall, this is a good hotel for the price and is in a great location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Boston-Hotel140, Director of Sales at Hotel 140, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback on our property. We take a lot of pride in how wonderful our location is! We are conveniently located right in the middle of all major tourist atractions. We would love to have you back and be sure to find you a larger, quiter accomodation.

All the Best,

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Visited this hotel a couple months ago, but did not get around to writing until today as work has kept me quite busy.

This hotel is a hidden gem in Boston. It is housed in the an old YWCA building, but the hotel has been completely renovated transforming it into a cute boutique hotel. The location is fantastic and there are a ton of restaurants within walking distance.

The rooms can be a little smaller, but for me it was fine. I believe that they may have larger rooms, but I did not feel the need to upgrade. The price was great compared to other hotels in the same area. I felt very safe and the staff was friendly and helpful.

I will be staying here again on my next trip to central Boston!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

We look forward to your next visit! As "crazyhotelguy", I'm sureyou do a good amount of traveling. We are so happy that we were able to offer you everything you hoped for during your stay. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed here for the marathon, so I paid a premium for the room, which is very small. Room was clean, but there's only a tiny shelf in the bathroom to put toiletries. Being in such a great spot, in Boston's Back Bay, and close to everything, made up for the small room, but there are hotels on every corner, so you do have a choice. If not for the location, I would only give it 2 stars.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Trailrunner2

We are thrilled to have so many of the marathon runners and their families stay with us each year! We are right near the finish line which is exciting for us and convenient for our guests. We would love to do whatever we can to choose a room that better fits your needs when you revisit us in the future. Thanks so much for your feedback.

All the best,

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I've stayed here the last two years for the Boston Marathon, and I'll stay here again next year. Yes, the rooms are small, but really, how much time to do you spend there?? Place is clean and location in the heart of Back Bay is phenomenal. Just a block or two from the Back Bay T station and within walking distance to everything else. Fridge in every room; secure, key-operated elevators; and a friendly, helpful staff. No complaints at all, especially for the price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank gruecd
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The thing to know about this place is that it is part hotel and part apartment building. When we stayed, they were fully booked, so we ended up getting upgraded to an apartment which they occasionally use as a hotel room. The apartment was very clean and a nice space, but it did feel like an apartment and not a hotel room.

We got a great price by booking directly through the hotel's website (15% off). We stayed here one night for a conference at the Hynes Convention Center which it is conveniently located near. It was by far the cheapest decent hotel close to the convention center that we could find. Hotel prices at the time were jacked up for opening day of Red Sox season, but the price for our room was still the budget price we were looking for.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple