“Awesomely fresh Oysters and Seafood”
Review of Neptune Oyster

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North End
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Had a great time. Went across the street for a beer while we waited. Great fresh fresh Oysters of all different types. Had the Cioppino as well. All great fresh seafood with great bread.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

There seem two certainties here. The first is that you will be greeted with a list, a smile and told you have at least an hour to wait. The second is that those leaving will tell you "Don't worry it is worth the wait".

The lobster roll (hot with butter) was really good - filled with an awful lot of sweet tender lobster which reminds you of how wonderful lobster tasted when it was expensive and not frozen. Served with good fries, and a good selection of wines by the glass. Yes, it was worth the wait.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I have read so many amazing reviews about the hot lobster roll here, so I was dying to try it! I have had my fair share of lobster rolls before, so I was hoping this one would top the list. Sadly, I was so disappointed. The roll came out on a toasted roll, with french fries on the side. There was a hefty portion of lobster on top, and it looked really amazing. But as I started eating it, I realized this was literally just boiled lobster with a bit of butter on a roll. It had NO FLAVOR! I left the restaurant $35 poorer and with a very sad but full stomach. I am still on the hunt for a life-changing lobster roll...

2  Thank TA-Hannah
Reviewed 22 April 2016

I went to Neptune Oyster for the first time and it was fabulous. We walked in around 6 to put our name on the list. The hostess, Bonnie, couldn't have been more friendly. She said the earliest we could get in was 9, and took my cell number. We returned around 9 and still waited about 20 minutes to be seated. The place is tiny and crowded. That's the only complaint. Bonnie never got rattled no matter how busy it was or how many people she had to turn away. On her recommendation, I had an appetizer called Oysters Piggyback. It was crustini bread with a ground pork mixture on top. On top of that was arugala with yellow raisins, and friend oysters in a light citrus dressing. It was one of the best appetizers I've had anywhere. My brother and I both ordered the lobster roll. They make them cold with mayo or hot with butter. We both ordered them hot and it was excellent. Loaded with buttered lobster on a delicious soft bun. I can understand why people stand in line to get into this tiny restaurant. Go early to get seated faster, but do not miss this gem in the North End.

1  Thank rsoxman
Reviewed 22 April 2016

Great little place in the North End serving really fresh seafood. One unique item this place offers is a hot lobster roll. The lobster is simply sauteed in butter and placed into a hot roll that is baby soft. The combo is as simple as it is delicious. We also had some fried clams that were very good. The clam chowder was very thin and didn't have that much flavor. Overall this place is very good but not cheap. The lobster roll was $29!

1  Thank Malcolm G

Been to Neptune Oyster? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK