“sfogliatelle had too much spice”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mike's Pastry

Good for: Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: North End
Boulder
“sfogliatelle had too much spice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Mike's is best at 10:00 in the morning when the wait is only 15 minutes. And the cannoli can't be beat, but the sfogliatelle had too much clove or something last time I went.

Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

• Turkish first
Kansas City
“i am forever ruined”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I don't think the cannoli I had will ever be matched. I am still thinking about it, and I wish I could have brought the whole store home with me. This place is absolutely worth the trip/wait/whatever. Just go.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank erinbKansasCity
Timmins, Canada
“So whats with Mikes?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I asked myself my first day in Boston, why are all these people walking around with Mike's pastry boxes? Seriously you go to North End and there are so many people walking around with these things! I decided I had to be one of them. Unfortunately when I got to the place the line up was wrapped down the street and around the corner... However, the next day before dinner we stopped by and the line up was only at the door of the place. So I go in and order a nice huge box of pastry! When I get out the line up is backed up around the building again! Crazy!

Now that I had the box I WAS ONE OF THEM! People gave me shout outs on the street. People asked me what I got. Some people just randomly shouted at mike "MIKES"!!! It was so weird!

Now, as for the pastry. I got a Boston cream pie (had to) and a lobster tail, my friends got chocolate covered cannoli and a peanut cannoli. They were freaking amazing. Very rich but oh so good! When in Boston go there. If you go to Little Italy you won't be able to resist seeing all those people walk by you with those boxes. Trust me!

2 Thank Northerncowgirl
Gatineau, QC
“Must stop when in the North End”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stop by this place while walking in the North End going to Paul Revere House. There was a huge line-up but they make the line move quite fast. The selection of cannolli is fine though we went with a peanut butter and chocolate cake that was quite decadent. This is must stop if you are in the area.

2 Thank Boutip
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Holy Cannoli...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

This place was AMAZING! All the rave reviews are spot on! This family owned, italian bakery in the north end is beyond words! Any type of cannoli you can imagine, cheesecake, cookies, biscotti, cakes.... we had cannolis for breakfast one morning when we started our freedom trail walk! The ladies are nothing but nice and helpful, we went back late the night before we left boston to get some treats to take back home to baton rouge with us and you would have thought we were walking into a night club! At 11 o'clock on a Saturday night this place was more packed with people of all ages than any bar we saw! And it's true, you will see everyone walking around downtown at night or any time of the day with a Mike's Pastry box! Have one of everything!

1 Thank Lindsay H