“Ok food. Not worth the wait.”

Giacomo's Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 3,402 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Neighbourhood: North End
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We knew we were in for a long wait. We knew the restaurant was cramped and that you would receive hurried service. We waited 1.5hrs before we had our food. I had the Frutti di Mare w/ fra diavolo sauce, it was pretty good. My wife had the Lobster Fusilli, very average at best. Their prices are nice, food is pretty good, but I wouldn't stand in a long line for it.

2  Thank Tracy W

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Wanted to try Italian in the North End of Boston and this was great. Not cheap but not too pricey, generous portions, tasty food, long wait, cash only, tiny inside -- the only restaurant with a line coming out the door, people waiting in the rain. It was worth it and we enjoyed it very much!

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We go to Beantown multiple times a year and this is always one of our favorite stops when we are there. I absolutely love the North End...it reminds me so much of Rome. I had actually heard about the restaurant when it was on an old Rachel Ray show about budget dining while traveling. The restaurant specializes in seafood Italian dishes and they do not disappoint. I generally get whatever the specialty is for the evening. The staff (and often the owner will stop by) are all very friendly and attentive. Important things to note about this restaurant...it's small so there's generally a line but I've never had to wait over 45 minutes. Also, it's cash only. There is an ATM across the street.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I always go to Boston, our favorite city, when in New England. We were on our way to our favorite restaurant on foot in the North End, when we saw this long line at Giacomo's at 10 to 5. We thought this place must be great place for people to que up for a 5 o'clock opening. So we fell in line and when the dust settled we had the last seat in the place at 5 after five. The service was fast and organized. Food, what can I say. Great!! A few years later I saw a horse by the same name in the Kentucky Derby and put money on him, another WINNER!!!

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 22 March 2012

When we travel, we love to visit different restaurants. But when we go to Boston, we have to go to Giacomo's in the north end! We go early so the wait isn't so long. We were intimidated the first time by the frenetic pace but our waitress was very good at helping us sort through the menu and the 4 sauces (or combination of them). I don't think you can go wrong. It feels very authentic and it's entertaining to watch the activity in the kitchen. This is for people who want great food, great prices, and don't mind being packed in to get it!