“Waygu and Wine”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,618 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$ 50 - US$ 80
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Herford or Massachusetts Avenues
Transit: Hynes Convention Center
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Stopped in to the bar area for the Waygu and Wine promo they run every year... only available in the bar, but the bar is nice here. A glass of a pretty good wine (3 reds to choose from) and a burger... for $25. A great deal. The burger was cooked perfectly and excellent... enjoyed the vino, the Col Solare, Columbia Valley, Washington, 2014.

Service was excellent. Great spot.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Capitals Grille is one of the premier Boston Steak and Seafood houses in the city. There are many to choose from and understanding this is part of a chain, this restaurant is top notch and the service and food are outstanding.

When I visited Capital Grille, it was for my wives birthday. The restaurant was kind enough to bring champagne for a toast and one glass of apple juice in a flute for my son. The celebration was a fantastic memory made special by the service and care the restaurant provided.

On almost every occasion I have a Filet or variation of a Filet because they really prepare and cook them phenomenally. Brussels sprouts, lobster macaroni and cheese, and mushrooms for the filet make for a perfect meal.

Highly recommend for families , couples, celebrating, or guys night out. Always a special experience!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

We walked in as a party of 8 fairly early and were able to get a table before the Red Sox game. We were dressed for the game and I think one of the host thought we should’ve eaten somewhere else by the attitude, but the rest of the staff was great. Our food was timely, the drinks were strong , and all was cooked correctly the first time around. Overall a fairly good experience.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank YotaPwr
Reviewed 5 October 2018

We decided to go for a good steak on our last night in Boston, and picked the Capital Grille as it was close to our hotel.
We arrived early and headed to the bar for a couple of very good cosmopolitans. The atmosphere was nice and buzzy, with low lighting and comfy leather bar seats.
After half an hour we were called through to our table which turned out to be a nice intimate booth.
I ordered a glass of red, and my wife a glass of white, both of which were delicious.
The food turned out to be just as good, with both our steaks perfectly cooked and tender.
The Capital is an expensive restaurant if you go for the full experience, but it is a lovely place for a romantic dinner, and the food is great.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Usually I avoid the chains but this Capital grille gets really high marks in Boston. They should not. The restaurant is beautiful but if you sit in main room you will shout all evening. The noise level is deafening! Beyond almost any other restaurant I've been to lately. The reason I will not return - they cannot cook steak. Service all evening was extremely slow. Ordered steak medium - confirmed that means oink throughout but NO red. Tell Chef to err on the side of overcooking but NO red. What shows up - you guessed it RED. All sides delivered for party of 6. Two of us send steak back. Wait. And wait. And wait some more, Thought I'd be eating my steak with dessert. Sides finished. Waiter returns with steak along with manager who apologizes. Steak charred on outside and still mostly red. To their credit they comped the steak - but that's not exactly a consolation. So I didn't pay for a meal that I basically did not order. Hooray! The Capital Grille's in NY used to suck at cooking steak - they really turned around some of their locations and I happily return to them. The location is Providence is also good. Boston - I'd skip! At least until they get a new chef.

Date of visit: September 2018