“Great Burgers and Quick Service”
Review of Cheers Beacon Hill

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Beacon Hill
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We are here on a Sunday evening for dinner. We were shocked at how quickly they sat us. We ordered the BBQ chicken pizza appetizer, bacon blue cheese burger, and the burgermeister. All food was delicious. The blue cheese burger had a slab of melted blue cheese instead of crumbled and it was wonderful. Servers were friendly and quick. The atmosphere is really neat even if it's not exactly like the show. In fact we w joyed this atmosphere better than the mock set downtown.

1  Thank Lizard72magic

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Although it is only the facade that is used in the TV series "Cheers" it is still exciting to immerse oneself in the atmosphere and ambiance that inspired the series. We loved going here, we loved the bars, the people, the beer, the pricey souvenirs. The photos had me captivated. Thought it was really smart of the owners to leverage their very recognisable frontage. I loved it all. We went for the drinks and the buzz. We had both. I took heaps of photos to impress the folks back home. Staff are almost of celebrity status themselves. Parking in Boston is an art form in itself. Toilets are clean.

4  Thank Star707
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Having been a fan of the tv show Cheers for many years, when I planned my trip to Boston, this was the number one attraction I had on my list.

Walking down the famous steps and walking through the famous door, history hits you straight away.

As you enter, I got a very warm welcome and grabbed a stool at the bar. If you have a pint of beer or cider, they put it in their famous jug glasses with the Cheers logo on it. You also get offered the chance to buy your own one after you are finished for $7, which I did and had to be done.

I came here twice in total and the food was top class. The first time I had the chicken fingers from 'Sam's Starters' followed by the 'Fenway Special' which is 2 beef hot dogs and some fries which comes under the 'Norm's Sandwiches' section on the menu. The second time I came in, I had the chicken fingers again to start and I loved them so much the first time, but to follow I had 'Carla's Meatballs & Linguini' from the 'Diane's Entrees' section. All the food I had was very tasty, cooked perfectly and all very filling.

There is a gift shop next door, in which they sell loads of Cheers memorabilia. From loads of different t-shirt designs to bobble heads.

I can't fault this place and loved every minute I spent in there. It was worth every dollar.

If you love the tv show as much as I do, then you must come here.

1  Thank Ben2K93
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I happy I checked this out of my list. It was so cool to see the souvenir and take pictures. We had other plan so we didn't eat here.

1  Thank Jenny_7801
Reviewed 29 June 2017

We visited Cheers on our recent trip to Boston. It is directly across from the Public Gardens, so it was very convenient to visit. We went on a Thursday night during dinner hours, but there was no wait, which was a surprise.

The food was traditional pub food. I got a Margherita flatbread pizza, which was crispy with a lot of flavor. My son ordered a salad and was happy with it, my wife got a sandwich and my daughter chicken fingers. All were exactly what you expect from a pub atmosphere. The service was quickand friendly.

We had been here once before, when it was still named the Bull & Finch, and were surprised by the renovations. The top floor was updated to look like the set from the show, which was not the case before. The show Cheers was based on the concept of the Bull & Finch, but was not actually shot here. The new decor worked, and I'm sure helps marry the concept with the reality of the location.

Overall, whether you are a fan of the show or not, you should make Cheers a stop if you are visiting Boston. The food is good, and the experience is worth it.