“Nice restaurant ”
Review of Mistral

Mistral
Reserve with OpenTable
Mistral is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 3,391 Restaurants in Boston
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: between Berkeley & Clarendon
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Nice place,good food. Location is good, drinks are good. Service was very good little slow but ok. Atmosphere ok little loud but ok.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have eaten twice already at Mistral and we will return. Food and service were mostly very good both times, even excellent for some dishes- but what was not acceptable this last time was the size of our beet salad. Prices are high in general, but to pay 17$ or 18$ for a beet salad that consists of 3 pieces of beets, a few tiny pieces of goat cheese and a citrus dressing made absolutely no sense! That felt way exaggerated, especially in contrast to the caesar salad that was appropriately generous!
So a few things for management to review and adjust- otherwise we do recommend Mistral as a restaurant in Boston to go to and enjoy!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband reviewed the top restaurants in Boston and he chose Mistral. Usually I can find something wrong with his picks but this one hit all the marks. Walked in and the service was top notch. We were seated right away and ordered a cocktail each which was superb. We went right to the mains and my husband had the prime sirloin and I had the halibut (fall off our fork perfect) and our son went for the linguine with roasted tomatoes and arugula. Each dish was perfect. We each had a glass of wine (usually do a bottle but we were tired). Lance our server suggested the wine and it paired beautifully. He was just the right type of perfect. Perfect timing on drinks, came back to take orders, nothing took too long or too quick. We really wanted dessert but we were full and ready for bed. Lance then organized Joe the driver to take us back to our hotel. the ambience was hip but not too loud, the bar was long and looked great for a cocktail. If it was date night, for sure would have sat there first for a bit. Just a wonderful way to spend a Saturday night. As for the price. The bill was easy on the credit card at $230 for 3. Great evening.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While the wines by the glass were priced high but in the zone, the food was highly overpriced, especially the $68 Dover sole which was absolutely ridiculous. We had 3 appetizers, 4 desserts, and 3 different entrees, all of which were overpriced. I have no problem paying a fair price for fabulous food, but the dishes just didn't deliver. The only dishes that came close were the Beef Tenderloin and the Lemon Tart. First and Last time for our group of 6. By the way I have never posted a review but felt so ripped off, I had to.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Always undecided whether the ‘stars’ above should be attributed relative to the location (Boston, where the food leaves a lot to be desired) or in absolute terms. I compromised. To be clear, Mistral is way above the local (and I mean New England, not just Boston) competition. Great choice of wines, good service, finally some not-local dishes (the ossobuco, the foie gras, the Dover some). True, it’s not Rome or Paris, but I really enjoyed. Mind you, the place is not inexpensive. But it is worth while. Worth keeping in mind for good occasions and, honestly, I’ll return.