1,142 results
All reviews bunk beds hi hostel south station free breakfast top bunk individual bathrooms common areas female dorm huge kitchen large lockers fantastic hostel cubby hole mixed dorm hostel offers yogurt youth hostel dorm room
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Boston's an odd sort for accommodation, right? It must be a captive market thing as hotels were obscenely priced (think $300-ish per night). As a YHA life member (humblebrag) I always think about them when looking around. Mrs Harris and I settled on this place at $195/night (thanks to Brexit that's still £150ish) for which we got a 'private room'. That's a double bed with a bunk above it (so if you were a three-person party the price per person drops a wee bit), shower room and TV.

Breakfast was also included - the conveyor-toaster for your bagel, cereal, a milk dispenser, juice, etc. I mean, for bed and breakfast that's getting ok, right? You get the hostel experience - we were some of the oldest at mid-30s, there's social rooms, pool tables, etc. And with the fire doors there was usually a door slamming through the night - that wasn't enough to keep us from getting a decent sleep.

So, it was excellent. Caveat the corridor noise and the fact it's a working youth hostel. At the price, location, and what you got for your 200 bucks, I'm very happy with the stay. Thanks!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2017

The hostel is superb. It's really clean, the staff are attentive and the general atmosphere canno't be faulted.
The great thing about the hostel is the location. It's just on the edge of Chinatown and the Boston Common which means it's pretty central for easy access to anywhere you need to see Boston.
I stayed in a 6 room dorm and I could not reccomend more highly.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2017

This is a great affordable hostel in a perfect central location. Very clean and very well designed. There are plenty of bathrooms and the breakfast is great!

The only thing that stops it getting 5 stars was the staff. When I checked in I didn't even get a hello, just "id". When I later went to ask some questions i had to wait while the people behind the desk chatted to each other about TV.

Improving front desk service would make this an excellent hostel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
HI Boston H, Manager at HI Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Hi Roxanne!

Goodness! I'm so sorry to hear you had that type of interaction with our front desk staff. I will follow up with them. I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the hostel!

Sandra R.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

This was my first hostel experience. It was just amazing. Wide social spaces, very clean bathroom, TV, internet, breakfast included, nice people, wonderful atmosphere, near train station, library, all week activities, washing machines, iron, individual locker for luggage. Definitely all well setup

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Hi Juan!

I'm so happy to hear this was your first time at a hostel! I hope you keep hostelling! Thank you for such a great review, hope to see you soon!

Sandra R.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the 4 bed delux dorm. The hostel in general was clean and tidy and had everything that you needed. The lockers in the dorm were a great size (fit my 75L backpack in it). The hostel is also walking distance to Boston Common and the south station which makes it really convenient. Also surrounded by plenty of places to eat in china town.

Stayed: June 2017