Constitution Marina's Bed & Breakfast Afloat
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$ 235
US$ 210
US$ 447
US$ 298
US$ 361
US$ 242
  • Room Service
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$ 334
US$ 275
US$ 388
US$ 314
  • Room Service
The Westin Boston Waterfront(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$ 296
US$ 426
US$ 281
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssea chaletmarina stafffull bathb bby water taxibreakfast vouchershotel roomcoffee makerthe north endboat ownersbed and breakfastfreedom trailbunker hill monumentshort walkferries departstuffy hotelunique place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We just returned from a one night stay on the Casita House Boat at the Constitution Marina in Boston. We had no idea what it was but we wanted to stay on the water. The Casita was the least expensive and most reviews said it was clean so we did it. The staff that manages the Marina are more interested in the actual folks that dock their boat there but they did check us in, gave us a key and some info, and the parking was free because there was a spot available when we arrived. The free breakfast is actually a $6 coupon to a near by coffee shop that had great breakfast sandwiches. The Casita was very small with absolutely no frills but it was clean. The bathroom is very small but it had a sink, toilet and shower . The water ran clean and clear and the toilet flushed fine. It on the harbor but docked against the harbor wall with lots of large sailboats in front so although you are on the water and the sailboats are beautiful your view isn't great. It is quiet and a little rocky, you do have your own deck (small but nice), it's pretty private bacause it's a pretty long walk from the parking lot to the house boat but overall I'd give it a 2-3 out of 5 stars. I'm glad we tried it but for $165 it wasn't as exciting as the ads make it sound and the staff really doesn't care much about your needs etc Once you're checked in your basically on your own. When I went into the office on Saturday morning to turn in our key the guy at the desk took the key and never said one word to me. He never even looked at me or asked if we enjoyed it or anything, he was basically rude. I think the house boats that are rented out are just a novelty item and if they rent that's fine and if not no big deal. We had a good nights rest, it was different, we were comfortable but we wouldn't do it again and I wouldn't recommend staying in this kind of houseboat if you're looking for an adventure of what it's like to sleep on a boat. There are only 2 places to get good if you want to eat around 7 or later and there's only one place that open in the AM if you want a good cup of coffee and it opens at 8am. The Residence Inn is right at the Marina so you'd have more amenities there is you want to stay someplace in this area or near the water.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SophiaRose13
Reviewed 12 June 2010

Stayed on the Rozinante for three nights with my fiance. I'm 6'4" and she's 5'10" there was plenty of room for the both of us. The staff was very helpful and went out of the way to make sure everything was right -- even though nothing was wrong to begin with!! After the third night she flew back home and I moved into the hotel (shares a parking lot with the B&B afloat) that my work had set up for a group of us for the next week (trip started as leisure and finished as work). The entire week I was at the hotel I just kept wishing I was at the Rozinante!! The little deli they give you the gift certificates for for the breakfast part has very good food, I ate there several times with co-workers the week after without the gift certificates. Was pleasantly surprised to find the fridge stocked with two cases of bottled water! It was cold and snowy during our trip, but inside the boat it stayed toasty and warm (even my fiance was warm and she's ALWAYS cold). Not only would I recommend it to someone else, I wish I could go back every month. I travel a lot for work and for leisure and have never enjoyed being away from home as much as I did when I was there. The only negative I can say about the Rozinante is that it lists a bit to the starboard side because of the weight of the jacuzzi full of water, but not too much to be a bother -- just trying to be 100% accurate in my review. The parking attendants (who do not work for the B&B) were ignorant, but that's not the fault of the B&B. In fact the only thing I'd change about the place is to have their own entrance to the parking area and get away from the jerks who were running the parking in October of 2009 (which they did say they were trying to do).

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Kyle1975
Reviewed 19 February 2010

We're so happy that we found this place. The sailboat Rozinante was fantastic to stay on overnight. My wife especially loved the marble lined Jaccuzi. It was so clean and neat inside. We ate at two wonderful restaurants - Max & Dylans and Olives. They gave us 25% off cupons to local restaurants. We also took a wonderful sunset cruise on a private charterboat out to Spectacle Island. We can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob T
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Stayed in "Port" ship - very friendly staff - helpful - went out of their way to get a space heater but that was because Heat didn't work. Rocks terribly. Very small. Bedding was very old. Might have been better in summer but rocking, small and old won't change. B reakfast was $6 coupon to a very nice coffee shop close by - was quite good and lots of choices. Location right at Constitution - and nice walk but about 2 miles to North End and Freedom Trail. Free Parking was useful - left car and walked for 2 days.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank slce123
Reviewed 13 June 2008

Not for everyone, but great for us! We stayed at the Constitution Marina's Bed and Breakfast Afloat for a two night anniversary getaway. We stayed in the "Port" a small houseboat with a full size bed, full bath with hot water, cable-TV, fridge, and VCR. The houseboat is supplied with fresh linens, towels, soap, shampoo, hairdryer, drinking water, coffee pot (and supplies for the coffee pot), iron and small ironing board. The "Port" has two outside chairs located outside of the houseboat via a sliding glass door and an additional outside table with chairs located in front of the houseboat. The "Port" was basically a bedroom on the water with great views of the Boston Harbor. The "Port" had a little unpleasant odor (not sure if it was from stale smoke or a mildew odor or a combination of both) but the houseboat was clean. Vouchers ($6.00 per person, per night) are given for breakfast at Sorelle's coffee shop which is nearby the marina. We stayed at the B&B Afloat early June and it was very quiet on the houseboat and around the marina. The Marina has a small outdoor swimming pool and a sunning deck. The walk from the gate of the marina to the houseboat is about a five minute stroll. I would not recommend the houseboat for handicapped persons nor for anyone expecting luxury. I would describe staying on the houseboat as "deluxe camping" with a comfortable bed. We were staying during the NBA finals - Boston Celtics Vs Los Angeles Lakers and could see the
TD Banknorth Garden from the houseboat. It is less than a fifteen minute walk to the TD Banknorth Garden. We were quoted $12.00 per night to park but we were able to have our ticket validated at the marina and the parking was free (I believe because it was off-season?). The Marina is located in Boston's Charlestown neighborhood and is very close to the USS Constitution and the USS Constitution Museum which are on the Boston's Freedom Trail. Both are free for visitors and worth a visit. The Bunker Hill Monument which is also part of the Freedom Trail is about a 15 minute walk. We attempted to take the Inner harbor ferry which I would estimate as a ten-fifteen minute walk from the Constitution Marina but we arrived for the ferry around 8:30 PM and it was too late for the last ferry. Boston's North End, the Rose Kennedy Greenway, and Boston's North Station (MBTA's Green Line T subway and the MBTA's commuter rail stops), are all about a 10-20 minute walk from the marina. The Marriott Residence Inn located adjacent to the marina has a casual cafe and is open for lunch and dinner. The Residence Inn also has soda, beer, ice cream, snacks, etc., available for purchase till 1 AM. The Constitution Marina's Bed and Breakfast Afloat is great choice for budget travelers or an adventurous couple.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family